Wii u not selling emotion?

#1sanas_thirituPosted 3/14/2013 4:56:30 AM(edited)
The wii u is not selling. Does that make you happy or sad or vengeful or blind?
I see four kinds of people on this board

Type 1 - happy since nintendo gave us this underpowered sysyem and is hoping to laugh all the way to the bank because us mere mortals keep falling for their gimmicks

Type 2 - sad because any console doing bad is going to have a negetive effect on us gamers as a whole. It reduces competition and increases prices and shovelware

Type 3 - angry - Nintendo deserves what they are now getting. They keep rehashing their games and ips for ever and abandoned the core gamer for those non loyal casuals

Type 4 - ignorance is bliss. Nintendo and the wii u are doing and selling great and if you say otherwise i'll call you troll and put you on my ignore list.

Which type are you? And is there an absolute truth? Or are we all going to fight over opinions?
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#2NiftyManZPosted 3/14/2013 4:52:11 AM
Happy. But not because if your reasoning, but because I actually enjoy the system and the games I have for it.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#3sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:54:18 AM
I was asking what emotion you feel about the wii u not selling..
---
#4MathewMansonPosted 3/14/2013 4:55:31 AM
It's not under powered hardware. It's nothing spectacular, though what you're saying is that nobody should bother with 360 or PS3 anymore seeing it's even WEAKER than the Wii U. Almost everything is a gimmick in terms of video games. 16bit graphics is probably the biggest gimmick ever used in video gaming when Sega wanted to take over the industry and take down Nintendo. Now if the Wii U was standard definition and had a normal controller...I'd say it's crap.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#5NiftyManZPosted 3/14/2013 4:56:36 AM
But it is selling. I was sold one.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#6ish0turfac3Posted 3/14/2013 4:57:23 AM
I love how the only "happy" option was number 4.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#7MathewMansonPosted 3/14/2013 4:58:05 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...

Well the lack-luster sales in the past month or so is because there's no killer-application. There's nothing there to drive the sales. I feel that Nintendo should have had Pikmin 3 out just after launch. Along with Rayman Legends...that would have brought in more users.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/14/2013 5:00:24 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7400000/Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#9sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:02:39 AM
MathewManson posted...
sanas_thiritu posted...

Well the lack-luster sales in the past month or so is because there's no killer-application. There's nothing there to drive the sales. I feel that Nintendo should have had Pikmin 3 out just after launch. Along with Rayman Legends...that would have brought in more users.

Yes this could be very temperory and the wii u might do reasonably well in the future. However, there could be people happy or disappointed about the fact that its not a run away success like the wii was in its time.
---
#10sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:04:23 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7400000/Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

Type 4
---