New Need For Speed Most Wanted Wii U trailer shows multiplayer

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/14/2013 8:59:15 AM
You can see how two players can work together to evade the police by watching this new Need For Speed Most Wanted Wii U trailer.

The Wii U version of Need For Speed Most Wanted features an exclusive mode that takes advantage of the Wii U GamePad. In this mode, one player can drive using the Wii Remote (clipped into the Wii Wheel in this video) drives while the other can distract pursuing cops, switch from night to day, activate enhanced performance for any car and even control the amount of traffic on the road. Take a look:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/47719/new-need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u-trailer-shows-multiplayer/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2shootsmackPosted 3/14/2013 9:00:19 AM
Game is going to the bargain bin.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#3Traptin3daysPosted 3/14/2013 9:01:46 AM
Ey look! It's the batmobile!
---
My dad gave me some advice before he died. He said, son, if you see a beautiful woman, you have to flirt with her. It's rude not to. - Lowell
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:07:08 AM
I just noticed that the Wii U version is titled "Need for Speed: Most Wanted U"
---
#5T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/14/2013 9:15:48 AM
This is one of those games that just comes out at an inopportune timing for me. I'd love to get it, but I already have Monster Hunter 3 and Devil Survivor Overclocked pre-ordered (Europe). Can't really make space for one more.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:16:50 AM
Traptin3days posted...
Ey look! It's the batmobile!

I read this in the Gamegrump's (both of them) voices.
---
#7DarkAdonis123Posted 3/14/2013 9:22:06 AM
So one drives using the Wiimote and the other does nothing but turn on/off traffic, weather, etc with the gamepad? What a wasted opportunity. Local multiplayer races would've made the Wii U version worth buying.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#8nonexistingheroPosted 3/14/2013 9:37:30 AM(edited)
DarkAdonis123 posted...
So one drives using the Wiimote and the other does nothing but turn on/off traffic, weather, etc with the gamepad? What a wasted opportunity. Local multiplayer races would've made the Wii U version worth buying.

Dunno if that's in. If the original had local multiplayer, it's probably in the Wii U version. If not, probably not. But this is basically a new feature. It's pretty much a debug mode that can change stuff on the fly.

Graphically it does look great though.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/14/2013 9:38:29 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Dunno if that's in. If the original had local multiplayer, it's probably in the Wii U version. If not, probably not. But this is basically a new feature. It's pretty much a debug mode that can change stuff on the fly.

I'm pretty sure the original most wanted did not have local multiplayer.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:38:53 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

The Wii U version is said to be the "best looking version" by the developers who praise the system's power. I also heard that the game only previously had online multiplayer.
---