is Nintendo the worst for butchering series?

#51Soanevalcke6Posted 3/14/2013 5:39:58 PM
sonicvssilver22 posted...
Dorami posted...
Accuses Nintendo of butchering series.

Doesn't list Other M.

Ok...

Other M wasn't bad, just different. They were trying to take the series in a new direction, instead of releasing a new game that was similar to the old games in the series like they do with Mario almost every year

There's a difference between taking the series in a new direction and completely changing the series' core gameplay.

Prime took the series in a new direction, because the core gameplay was the same as Super Metroid. Other M completely changed the core gameplay to a dumbed down arcade shooter with no Atmosphere, no Isolation, no Atmospheric music, and no Exploration, so if you went to pick it up because you liked other Metroid games, you were in for a terrible surprise.

New Direction = good
Completely changing/destroying everything the series has been building up to = bad
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/5QkQDKS.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#52DTY3Posted 3/14/2013 5:54:45 PM
mini_blight posted...
DTY3 posted...
Everything in your post is perfect except one thing.

WW>>>TP

And finally someone who doesnt think Double Dash is the best Mario Kart. Hell no. That game controls way too awkwardly.

No! You are wrong!

TP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WW

I don't hate WW, btw.

AW HELL NAW.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.