February NPD wii u rurmored to be 80,000

#41mini_blightPosted 3/14/2013 6:14:17 PM
Helmsly2008 posted...

its not moving the goal posts, the 57k Wii U's sold in January was historically low for a console launch period so saying "it raised 40%!" is hardly amazing. Lack of software would excuse these low numbers but the PS3 sold 127,000 in its first Feb (which was considered low) and that also didn't seem to have any software that month outside of Virtua Fighter 5. Plus it was $599!

But thundercat claims Wii U sold 100k in January, so that record is invalid.
#42Sagadego(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:15:08 PM
Sagadego posted...
well official number from Creamsugar

Wii U ~ 66k, ZombiU bundle ~ 11%

I expected worse, to be honest.

---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#43tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/14/2013 6:30:58 PM
Helmsly2008 posted...

its not moving the goal posts, the 57k Wii U's sold in January was historically low for a console launch period so saying "it raised 40%!" is hardly amazing. Lack of software would excuse these low numbers but the PS3 sold 127,000 in its first Feb (which was considered low) and that also didn't seem to have any software that month outside of Virtua Fighter 5. Plus it was $599!

It IS moving the goalposts since most of the trolls/haters/sony fans were strutting around predicting below 50k, even as little as 25k in some cases.
#44Board_hunter567Posted 3/14/2013 6:32:04 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Supposedly there were ~100k Wii U sales in January. The net total was only ~50,000 because there were ~50k returned!

So don't let the numbers fool you. Sales were actually lower in February.

If you want to factor in returns (and upgrades/replacement units) into these things then you'll never come up with solid numbers.
Otherwise you'll have to factor in possible return numbers for February as well.
#45Helmsly2008Posted 3/14/2013 6:39:12 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...

It IS moving the goalposts since most of the trolls/haters/sony fans were strutting around predicting below 50k, even as little as 25k in some cases.

Well that assumption came from the fact that there was no games being released in February, so some people expected the Wii U to sell lower that month.

However, numbers are coming in now, its looking like the real Wii U sales number is lower then 80k:

http://i.imgur.com/hh0pIEu.png
#46mini_blightPosted 3/14/2013 7:01:38 PM
Helmsly2008 posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...

Well that assumption came from the fact that there was no games being released in February, so some people expected the Wii U to sell lower that month.

However, numbers are coming in now, its looking like the real Wii U sales number is lower then 80k:

Kevin Dent succumbs to industry pressure. lol
#47Sagadego(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:05:19 PM
mini_blight posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...

Kevin Dent succumbs to industry pressure. lol

I have numbers! read up a few posts
---
#48ArabrockermanXPosted 3/14/2013 7:07:04 PM
I would have to say the Wii U and Vita had a good month regardless of the total number of sells, all hardware was down except for those two if I read Gamespots article right.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gaming industry has another crash soon.
#49Sagadego(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:16:06 PM
bump since the trolls are out again.
---
#50Dave_KirkhamPosted 3/14/2013 7:18:10 PM
64000 NPD.....YIKES
---
I am not a screenwriter. I am a used car salesman. I spend more on toys than my own 3 kids and I hate anything Sony puts out even if it is widely praised.