Why are people entertained by issues with the Wii U?

#71wugeezy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:10:26 PM
And I don't understand where people got that I am OK as long as dont people disagree with me. As I stated earlier there are going to be opinions that will not be the same as mine. That's not the issue. The issue is when someone has to insult people.
#72wugeezy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:15:37 PM
Lefty128k posted...
wugeezy posted...
Just because people have the ability to reason doesn't mean they choose to exercise it. And I'm not moving goalposts at all. Fabricated facts to insight people still means they are trolls. Even if someone has a valid point they still can be trolls if they are not here to discuss but to make fun of or incite people. So my points still stand. It does not change the definition of what trolls are and that trolls can be idiots for causing problems.

Your point is that you can create an excuse to call anyone who disagrees with you a troll.

You said so yourself. Someone with a valid opinion can be a troll.

No. It isn't the act of disagreement. A trolls response can be rooted in a valid opinion. So say a troll feels that Wii graphics are inferior to the ps4. That disagreement in itself does not make them a troll. It is when they start insulting people to get their point across. People can disagree with me. It doesn't make them a troll. But when someone like the poster who started talking about child molestation to refute my points, then its trolling.
#73Lefty128kPosted 3/14/2013 9:16:43 PM
wugeezy posted...
And I don't understand where people got that I am OK as long as dont people disagree with me. As I stated earlier there are going to be opinions that will not be the same as mine. That's not the issue. The issue is when someone has to insult people.

You're the one who made the topic declaring a sort of grudge with trolls. So yeah, that's where people are getting their ideas from.
#74wugeezy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:21:48 PM
Lefty128k posted...
wugeezy posted...

You're the one who made the topic declaring a sort of grudge with trolls. So yeah, that's where people are getting their ideas from.

Yes because insulting people to get their point across is rampant.
#75TheBonfiniPosted 3/14/2013 9:22:00 PM
Because people aren't getting enough entertainment provided in the form of games and features from Nintendo even though they have billions in the bank.

Honestly, wouldn't you be annoyed to be a long time Nintendo fan and watch them squander what they achieved last gen?

I can see why many people are disappointed in the Wii-U and that sucks.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#76wugeezy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:29:53 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Because people aren't getting enough entertainment provided in the form of games and features from Nintendo even though they have billions in the bank.

Honestly, wouldn't you be annoyed to be a long time Nintendo fan and watch them squander what they achieved last gen?

I can see why many people are disappointed in the Wii-U and that sucks.

Absolutely. I'm a long time Nintendo fan as well. And while I don't agree with all the gripes, I can see where the issues are and where people could be upset. That's not the problem I have been stating. Its when people go out of their way to flame others. Whether its for the Wii u or against it. For example, one criticism is that it doesn't have enough games. I think the game selection is fine, I have been enjoying the ones that are out. I wouldn't have a problem with someone who felt that way. But if someone called me a fanboy for my opinion and went on to insult me then its trolling. Its not that I'm blind to the issues at all. I see some of them. Its that we don't have to resort to name calling or constantly flooding the boards with topics that the tc`s create to stir up commotion.
#77ShankspearePosted 3/14/2013 10:05:33 PM
The trolls here serve a purpose...they get entertained by being negative to fans. I get entertainment from knowing someone out there in the world is dumb enough to be a troll.
#78ShankspearePosted 3/14/2013 10:11:51 PM
Btw TC I absolutely agree. It's just that the accessibility, anonymity and speed of the internet are enticing for those who can only enjoy disturbing others. Ignore them buddy, they know who they are, and will try to cloak it a warped sense of love for nintendo or something equally ludicrous.
#79R_ChampPosted 3/14/2013 10:22:12 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
wugeezy posted...
Is anyone moderating here?

*Looks at the top of the page and sees the word Gamefaqs*

We both know the answer to that question.
#80R_ChampPosted 3/14/2013 10:23:53 PM
Shankspeare posted...
The trolls here serve a purpose...they get entertained by being negative to fans. I get entertainment from knowing someone out there in the world is dumb enough to be a troll.

Hehe, also this. Critiques are important, but making 20-50 topics on the same critiques is trolling, and it's more amusing in a pitiable sort of way than upsetting.