February 2013 NPD: Wii U around 64,000 units

#41pearl arowanaPosted 3/15/2013 5:25:03 AM
no 3rd party gonna support wii u with this abysmal sales.

serve nintendo right for making a very weak console and selling them with preium price.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#42EoinPosted 3/15/2013 5:32:40 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Wait a minute...

55000 * 1.4 = 77000

...something doesn't add up here.

What the NPD said was that the Wii U's weekly sales rate was 40% higher than it was in January.

January was, in NPD terms, a 5-week month. February was (again in NPD terms) a 4-week month.

So it's not as simple as 55k * 1.4. It's 57K (not 55K) / 5 (weeks in Jan) * 4 (weeks in Feb) * 1.4 (increase of 40%).

That gives 63.84, which is where the 64K figure is coming from (and why it does add up).
#43thundercat2600Posted 3/15/2013 7:12:05 AM
Lol bombs away.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#44Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 10:08:36 AM
kirbs i think we should hold another election this board needs a president!

Very true. This board was much more pleasent when I was in charge.

According to your Wii U hating bro, thundercat, the Wii U sold around 100k in January. 57k is only because NPD punished that month for returns that should have hit Nov and Dec numbers instead.

So 57k is a lie.

Keep telling yourself that if you want. It must be fun being the only person thinking that the wii u is not selling poorly right now.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#45Rasputin77Posted 3/15/2013 10:26:25 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
This is good news. Sales are picking up, and once big software titles come and the inevitable price cut kicks in, sales will continue to go up.

I guess going from reeeealllly bad sales to just regular bad sales is good news.

Um... sir, I believe the term you're looking for is 'dismal'.
---
GameFAQs Wii U board - reminding people to use birth control since 2012.
#46thundercat2600Posted 3/15/2013 10:28:28 AM
It's pretty dismal. $100 price cut in 3....2....1....
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#47SharkbiteR6Posted 3/15/2013 10:38:20 AM
Eoin posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Wait a minute...

55000 * 1.4 = 77000

What the NPD said was that the Wii U's weekly sales rate was 40% higher than it was in January.

January was, in NPD terms, a 5-week month. February was (again in NPD terms) a 4-week month.

So it's not as simple as 55k * 1.4. It's 57K (not 55K) / 5 (weeks in Jan) * 4 (weeks in Feb) * 1.4 (increase of 40%).

That gives 63.84, which is where the 64K figure is coming from (and why it does add up).

Can we just take a moment to appreciate individuals who bring proper arithmetic to these discussions. Sometimes these boards remind me of the pre-election political polls. Don't like whats being said? Make up your own math!
---
Currently playing: Dead Space 3, Persona 4: Arena, Xenoblade Chronicles, Brigandine
#48bleedingelitePosted 3/15/2013 10:41:46 AM
The people who make these kind of threads, I have to wonder what their lives are like.

I imagine nice_kirybyfan9 sitting there, his copious jowls jiggling with mirth as he chuckles to himself over his latest nintendoomed post on the gamefaqs wii u message board, his greasy hair slicked back, a splotchy patch of facial hair tucked between his chins.

All of a sudden, his door bursts open, and there stands his mother, holding a sheet of paper. Nice_kirbyfan9 starts to protest "moooooommmm, I told you to knock!" But he catches himself after seeing her angry glare. Because it's time for his weekly success update.

His mother clears her throat and holds the paper up again, reading "This week, you failed to find a good job, you still have no friends, and your father and I are concerned that you are too old to have never kissed a girl. Things are looking bad for you."

Then she closes the door, and walks away chuckling to herself. Nice_kirbyfan9 feels the sting of tears at the corners of his eyes, and goes back to creating another topic on the Gamefaqs Wii U message board. "February 2013 NPD: Wii U around 64,000 units. Heh, they're going to hate this one!"
#49Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 10:54:41 AM(edited)
The people who make these kind of threads, I have to wonder what their lives are like.

I imagine nice_kirybyfan9 sitting there, his copious jowls jiggling with mirth as he chuckles to himself over his latest nintendoomed post on the gamefaqs wii u message board, his greasy hair slicked back, a splotchy patch of facial hair tucked between his chins.

All of a sudden, his door bursts open, and there stands his mother, holding a sheet of paper. Nice_kirbyfan9 starts to protest "moooooommmm, I told you to knock!" But he catches himself after seeing her angry glare. Because it's time for his weekly success update.

His mother clears her throat and holds the paper up again, reading "This week, you failed to find a good job, you still have no friends, and your father and I are concerned that you are too old to have never kissed a girl. Things are looking bad for you."

Then she closes the door, and walks away chuckling to herself. Nice_kirbyfan9 feels the sting of tears at the corners of his eyes, and goes back to creating another topic on the Gamefaqs Wii U message board. "February 2013 NPD: Wii U around 64,000 units. Heh, they're going to hate this one!"

Lol this was funny. Such a detailed scene. It's almost as if...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#50mini_blightPosted 3/15/2013 7:23:19 PM
Eoin posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Wait a minute...

55000 * 1.4 = 77000

Except Jan was around 100k over five weeks. NPD shouldn't be counting returns from previous months. 40% over five weeks of 100k is 132k for Feb. Funny that.

The problem is NPD making it into a week to week thing instead of just over a month. Why do it that way when Jan was a five week month? Why punish Jan when Nov and Dec are the culprits? Why merge multi-platform games in one blob of **** when it shoves exclusives like Ni No Kuni and NSMBU down the list?

NPD gonna NPD