The 7 year old Xbox 360 sold 5x the amount of Wii Us sold in February NPD

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 3/14/2013 9:31:18 PM
North America is Xbox crazy! Such an old console and still they are buying it up like it's candy, without a doubt Xbox has become more popular than the Big N.

Which leads me to ask, will Wii U sales be further impacted when the new Xbox is out?
---
June 14th, 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2AceMosPosted 3/14/2013 9:32:43 PM
only if you think the vita is a failure
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3mrpants_againPosted 3/14/2013 9:33:59 PM
I bought a new 360 in 2011 after my first on broke. :-/ Microsoft was going to charge me $100 to get it fixed, so I figured I may as well wait until Black Friday and buy a bundle for about $150 more.
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#4PendragoonPosted 3/14/2013 9:45:05 PM
I wonder how many of those were replacements for all the console bans that Treyarch was giving out to Blops 2 cheaters? They have been cracking down on them pretty hard.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/14/2013 9:46:44 PM
Trey Arc has been banning people's Xboxes or just their call of duty access? I had no idea they could do anything like that.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#6Y34RX3R0Posted 3/14/2013 9:46:56 PM
A cheap system with a massive library vs a new more expensive console with a small library. Hmmm..
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#7Zato InfinitePosted 3/14/2013 9:48:44 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
I wonder how many of those were replacements for all the console bans that Treyarch was giving out to Blops 2 cheaters? They have been cracking down on them pretty hard.

If anything that just shows how awesome the 360 is. It is so awesome people are willing to buy it more than once.
#8PendragoonPosted 3/14/2013 9:52:27 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Trey Arc has been banning people's Xboxes or just their call of duty access? I had no idea they could do anything like that.

http://www.blackopsii.com/news/?45-black-ops-ii-security-enforcement-policy/

Treyarch's security and enforcement policy will determine how each player's infractions will be handled by the Black Ops 2 security team. All infractions undergo a thorough review process and penalties are final.

Minor offenses can result in temporary bans that range from 48 hours to 2 weeks with possible stats resets; more extreme offenses result in permanent bans.

Modding / Hacking / Pirated Content
Running an illegal or a modified version of the game is subject to penalty.
Results in a permanent ban. Xbox 360 (Xbox LIVE) and PlayStation 3 (PSN) users are reported to their console manufacturer. PC users will be reported to the Steam enforcement team.
Unsupported Hardware And Applications
Utilizing unsupported hardware (modded Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers, lag switches, etc.) or applications (hacks, IP flooders, etc.), that interact with the game, are subject to penalty.
Minor offences result in a temporary ban with the users stats & emblems reset. The user will also have their leaderboard entries deleted.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#9DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/14/2013 10:03:44 PM
So are they banning you from XBL or just their service?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#10tigg06Posted 3/14/2013 10:08:26 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
So are they banning you from XBL or just their service?

sounds to me like it depends on the severity of the infraction, temp ban from teh cod service for minor infractions, but to be found using hacked software of means that infer a modded system result in permanent ban from their service, which then they report you to the console maker (360 is the most notorious since its the easiest console to mod with firmware) and the maker sony or microsoft will then ban you from online services they provide all together
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06