Could a price drop help the wii u? 199.99 usd?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Could a price drop help the wii u? 199.99 usd?

User Info: DDP886

DDP886
3 years ago#1
Yea I think it would definitely help sell some units. That and some good games. The new need for speed looks really good
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs

User Info: OtakuGamera

OtakuGamera
3 years ago#2
did it help the gamecube?
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#3
Not this early unless they can provide Ambassador games AND reveal upcoming games. Though it's already really cheap at $300-350
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
3 years ago#4
it would do well to drop to 199, anything more is just Too Damn High....plus once the Big games like AC:BF and Watch Dogs release, it will do better.
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.

User Info: Castleman2

Castleman2
3 years ago#5
Yes, and give us an free games like they did with the 3DS.

In all honesty; the system is only selling bad because of 1) the name..nobody knows it is a new system, and 2) no big games that help reveal that a new system has been released.

Ya know, almost everyone that buys video game systems doesn't read video game website and go on video game forums. Only us weirdos
WiiU: Air-Wreck

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
3 years ago#6
It needs either a price drop or a pack in game that matters.

The only bundle I've seen that looks worth while to me is a Walmart zombieu set that includes the black console, the Xbox looking controller, the zombie u game and nintendoland. Might even have a black wiimote as well. All for around $380.

If you're unwilling to price drop then you need to sweeten the deal.
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist

User Info: DDP886

DDP886
3 years ago#7
Bump
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs

User Info: icarus231

icarus231
3 years ago#8
DDP886 posted...
Yea I think it would definitely help sell some units. That and some good games. The new need for speed looks really good

So if it becomes 199 will you buy a forth one and reinvest in nintendo stock?

User Info: cucumberking

cucumberking
3 years ago#9
I think it would help kill the WiiU. People would be skeptical of something so cheap, at least I would imagine. Expensive equals quality to some people.

User Info: Inferno_21

Inferno_21
3 years ago#10
It would help but the biggest thing Wii U needs is some big games. Monster Hunter and Lego City is a start, but Nintendo needs to start flexing their 1st party muscle as soon possible. We need release dates too not just unveilings of their 1st party games as well.
MGS4 = Best Game this Generation
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Could a price drop help the wii u? 199.99 usd?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived