North American Wii U sales show dismal start to 2013

#41Lord_VishanaPosted 3/15/2013 6:27:40 AM
Nolax posted...
Why are people happy to see consoles fail? You guys are pathetic.

As someone who owns a ps3, 360 and the wiiU i like to see them all be successful as down the line each will have some great games.

*hands you a cookie*

Yay, a rational person! :-)
---
Soft Kitty Warm Kitty Little Ball Of Fur. Happy Kitty Sleepy Kitty Purr Purr Purr. 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#42Ryan SiPosted 3/15/2013 6:32:30 AM
Nintendo is notorious for game droughts....They can't produce enough 1st-party IPs in reasonable fashion to cover up the poor third-party support they've enjoyed since N64.

Though this is looking like Dreamcast-level developer interest.

Honestly, I just don't see where the Wii U fits. You have PC/PS4/XBX (which developers will flock to and are already confirming games) for the traditional gamers and then you have smartphones and tablets (which are only going to become "bigger") for the casuals, but let's be honest everyone enjoys them to an extent.

I see it as a family system. Parents with a couple kids will buy them the new kid and local multiplayer-friendly Nintendo console. Casuals will and have ignored it. Older gamers will most likely use it as a secondary console to their PS4/XBX/PC. I have hard time believing there will be too many adult gamers out there with a Wii U as their only current system...(and not everyone buys multiple consoles).
---
Currently Playing: Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2 (PC), Assassins Creed II (PC), Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)
#43TerotrousPosted 3/15/2013 6:36:24 AM
It's a completely trivial statistic. Monthly performance has zero importance in the long run.

If a system habitually sold a mere 10 units for 11 months of the year and then 20 million in the other, it would still be one of the best-selling consoles ever.

Everyone knows this is a post-launch dip. How bad the dip is is irrelevant. The figure that actually matters is how well will it sell when it starts selling again.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#44DDP886Posted 3/15/2013 6:46:07 AM
Lmao the wii u is flopping
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#45GLDanzegoPosted 3/15/2013 6:53:12 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
You're such a hypocrite monkeyspoon...

In the sales topic on the Vita board he posted "Who carea who outsells who, people should want every system is successful"

Then he posts a blatant troll topic(that has already been posted multiple times already). You hate trolls on the Vita board, yet you troll this board incessantly.

Lol the real hypocrisy is that a lot of the people complaining about poor WiiU sales used to post poor vita sales topics. Karma is a b**ch.

Doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite. Her point still stands.

It means if I am then she is too.

You sound just like some of the first grade children I teach: "He did it first!" " But she's doing it, too! Why aren't they in trouble?"

How sorry it is that you're an adult with the mentality and reasoning of a 6 year old child. Even sorrier is the fact that you embrace and defend it. Grow up.

----
#46galfasanta1111Posted 3/15/2013 6:54:35 AM
The Wii U is flopping. And flopping hard.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#47thundercat2600Posted 3/15/2013 6:58:14 AM
Bump
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#48monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:59:47 AM
Ryan Si posted...
Nintendo is notorious for game droughts....They can't produce enough 1st-party IPs in reasonable fashion to cover up the poor third-party support they've enjoyed since N64.

Though this is looking like Dreamcast-level developer interest.

Honestly, I just don't see where the Wii U fits. You have PC/PS4/XBX (which developers will flock to and are already confirming games) for the traditional gamers and then you have smartphones and tablets (which are only going to become "bigger") for the casuals, but let's be honest everyone enjoys them to an extent.

I see it as a family system. Parents with a couple kids will buy them the new kid and local multiplayer-friendly Nintendo console. Casuals will and have ignored it. Older gamers will most likely use it as a secondary console to their PS4/XBX/PC. I have hard time believing there will be too many adult gamers out there with a Wii U as their only current system...(and not everyone buys multiple consoles).

I agree with most of what you said except gamers having a WiiU as a secondary console. Gamers are more than likely to already own a PS3/360 and therefore have no need for a WiiU as a secondary console.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. Trolls on my ignore list: berenddebeer
#49Zen_ZarabPosted 3/15/2013 7:07:45 AM
There's Poor Launch Sales....

Then There's Really Poor Launch Sales....

Then There's Nintendo Launch Sales....
---
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs
http://tinyurl.com/bw627sd
#50LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/15/2013 7:09:27 AM
Wow, I wonder where that would put Sony and Microsoft launch sales...
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg