North American Wii U sales show dismal start to 2013

#71sanas_thirituPosted 3/15/2013 8:28:39 AM
DDP886 posted...
Wii u has no games

It has games, but not the quality or quantity that we would have liked. But again, what does it matter? once they start appealing to the kids and japanese around the world with super mario 9999, it will start selling well.
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#72Silver_SparkletPosted 3/15/2013 9:00:13 AM
mattersville posted...
I blame it on poor marketing and not just the lack of games. My brother-in-law didn't even know Nintendo had a new console when he came over this week. My boss, a gamer, thought the Wii U was a controller for the Wii in a converstion we had yesterday. My mother-in-law, who bought the original Wii and DS and is part of that older casual market, has seen me use it and still doesn't really get what it is.

Still, once Smash is out, everything will change.

I have no interest in that trash after what they did with brawl.
---
simple & effective
#73DTY3Posted 3/15/2013 9:09:07 AM
Hate to be that guy, but I cant really see PS4 doing very well under these conditions.

Poor economy,no casual market, dat pricetag, no games for launch, cheaper (and better) options available, like 360, Wii U, and hell, even the PS3.

Also PS3 sales will eat up PS4 sales,and the lack of backwards compatibility wont help that...

Man. Gamers just arent ready for 8th gen yet, apparantly.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#74DrumguyPosted 3/15/2013 9:15:44 AM
It's really cOLD in here.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#75DemonDog666Posted 3/15/2013 9:17:18 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Fanboy topics like this are hilarious. I'm glad I have all of the consoles + a gaming PC. I feel bad for people like the TC who fanboy up hard because they can't afford a particular system.

Did you actually read the article, the graph shows just how poorly wiiU is doing, I mean I knew it wasn't selling well but I didn't know it had the weakest week of pretty much any hardware except for the gamecube after it had been supported
#76DemonDog666Posted 3/15/2013 9:18:53 AM
DTY3 posted...
Hate to be that guy, but I cant really see PS4 doing very well under these conditions.

Poor economy,no casual market, dat pricetag, no games for launch, cheaper (and better) options available, like 360, Wii U, and hell, even the PS3.

Also PS3 sales will eat up PS4 sales,and the lack of backwards compatibility wont help that...

How is wiiU a better option? And ps4 has more promising games then wiiU does also we don't even know the price tag and casuals don't buy systems at laucnh anyways. You are obviously just being a lying troll.
#77DTY3Posted 3/15/2013 9:26:07 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
DTY3 posted...

How is wiiU a better option? And ps4 has more promising games then wiiU does also we don't even know the price tag and casuals don't buy systems at laucnh anyways. You are obviously just being a lying troll.

lol wow. Demondog called me a lying troll.

I think you and I both know I have a much better track record than you ;)

Anyway Wii U will definitely be a better option by the time the PS4 is out. It will have a much better library at the time. This isnt even opinion. And the price will likely be higher than the Wii U, which some already deem as "too high". Why else would Sony not mention the price? Surely they dont want another E3 2006 backlash.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#78DemonDog666Posted 3/15/2013 9:42:10 AM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
lol wow. Demondog called me a lying troll.

I think you and I both know I have a much better track record than you ;)

Anyway Wii U will definitely be a better option by the time the PS4 is out. It will have a much better library at the time. This isnt even opinion. And the price will likely be higher than the Wii U, which some already deem as "too high". Why else would Sony not mention the price? Surely they dont want another E3 2006 backlash.

No, I think you're delusional and think that's true but the fact is I have a much better track record, the trolls just keep bring up my months old mistakes and ignore the dozens of times I've been right in the meantime.

Yeah it is an opinion since we don't even know what games the ps4 is going to launch with or what announced wiiU games will even be out by that time, it's not even an opinion based on anything solid... WiiU price is too high for wiiU it's not too high in general, wiiU doesn't do anything ps3/360 can't and it is actually worse feature wise and it costs more then those two. As for not mentioning the price probably because it isn't finalized yet, remind me again how soon before launch was the wiiUs price announced? Also over 70 million people already own a ps3/360 so they won't be as much competition as you think.
#79SagadegoPosted 3/15/2013 10:00:25 AM
oh joy! the other troll joins the topic. go away demon !
---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#80DTY3Posted 3/15/2013 10:06:27 AM
Demondog. You do NOT have a better track record than me. You are probably the most quoted person on this site due to all the hilariously wrong things you spew out. Oh look at Sagadego's sig! It's proving me right!

And you have not been right "dozens" of times. But when you are wrong, you are embarrassingly wrong.

Nobody has blunders as big as yours. But go ahead and live in your fantasy world where I somehow am wrong more than you ;)

Bottom line is PS4 isnt going to be easy to sell. A lot of those cool features they showed, nobody will give two damns about. Not the general audience anyway. You really think everyone is using Miiverse?
---