North American Wii U sales show dismal start to 2013

#81Ryan SiPosted 3/15/2013 11:08:43 AM
DTY3 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Hate to be that guy, but I cant really see PS4 doing very well under these conditions.

Poor economy,no casual market, dat pricetag, no games for launch, cheaper (and better) options available, like 360, Wii U, and hell, even the PS3.

Also PS3 sales will eat up PS4 sales,and the lack of backwards compatibility wont help that...

Man. Gamers just arent ready for 8th gen yet, apparantly.

How is wiiU a better option? And ps4 has more promising games then wiiU does also we don't even know the price tag and casuals don't buy systems at laucnh anyways. You are obviously just being a lying troll.

lol wow. Demondog called me a lying troll.

I think you and I both know I have a much better track record than you ;)

Anyway Wii U will definitely be a better option by the time the PS4 is out. It will have a much better library at the time. This isnt even opinion. And the price will likely be higher than the Wii U, which some already deem as "too high". Why else would Sony not mention the price? Surely they dont want another E3 2006 backlash.

Numerous games have already been confirmed for PS4 and we all know developers will flock to it and the next Xbox with all their big third-party games. Even if Nintendo has Wind Waker HD and a new 3D Mario out by next year, that doesn't void the fact it won't even be competitive with third-party software.

Also a $400-$450 price tag isn't much for a launch price for a lot of people....with jobs. It won't be $599 again so put down that glass stem, cracky.
---
Currently Playing: Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2 (PC), Assassins Creed II (PC), Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)
#82DemonDog666Posted 3/15/2013 11:18:10 AM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
Demondog. You do NOT have a better track record than me. You are probably the most quoted person on this site due to all the hilariously wrong things you spew out. Oh look at Sagadego's sig! It's proving me right!

And you have not been right "dozens" of times. But when you are wrong, you are embarrassingly wrong.

Nobody has blunders as big as yours. But go ahead and live in your fantasy world where I somehow am wrong more than you ;)

Bottom line is PS4 isnt going to be easy to sell. A lot of those cool features they showed, nobody will give two damns about. Not the general audience anyway. You really think everyone is using Miiverse?

I'm the most quoted person because trolls hate me, over half the quotes they have of me is either ridiculously out of content or right and they just don't understand it (sagadego's sig included) and the rest are the same few mistakes the trolls keep bring up months after I said them, again all while ignoring the dozens of times I was right.

Yeah I actually have and you make more/worse mistakes then me on a daily basis people just don't make a big deal out of it because you are their fellow troll.

Those features aren't what's going to sell the system, the exclusives and consistent 3rd party support and the competent free online play are.
#83DTY3Posted 3/15/2013 11:15:29 AM
I never stated it would be 599. Calm down.

I just stated it will be more expensive then every other console on the market. Especially if Demondog's precious Wii u price drop happens.

And every other console will have a larger library. Again,these arent opinions. It's just common sense.

And about "numerous games being confirmed for PS4"....yeah. That means nothing.

Remember the numerous games confirmed for Wii U? yeaahhh Rayman Legends as a launch title, remember? I'd hold my breath until around launch time.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#84tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/15/2013 11:19:12 AM
bossk5 posted...
Nice to see the TC doesn't only troll the 360 boards and its games. More confirmation that Sony fanboys are indeed....the worst of the bunch.

I've thought this for a long time. Easily the worst of the three.
#85SagadegoPosted 3/15/2013 11:19:24 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Demondog. You do NOT have a better track record than me. You are probably the most quoted person on this site due to all the hilariously wrong things you spew out. Oh look at Sagadego's sig! It's proving me right!

And you have not been right "dozens" of times. But when you are wrong, you are embarrassingly wrong.

Nobody has blunders as big as yours. But go ahead and live in your fantasy world where I somehow am wrong more than you ;)

Bottom line is PS4 isnt going to be easy to sell. A lot of those cool features they showed, nobody will give two damns about. Not the general audience anyway. You really think everyone is using Miiverse?

I'm the most quoted person because trolls hate me, over half the quotes they have of me is either ridiculously out of content or right and they just don't understand it (sagadego's sig included) and the rest are the same few mistakes the trolls keep bring up months after I said them, again all while ignoring the dozens of times I was right.

Yeah I actually have and you make more/worse mistakes then me on a daily basis people just don't make a big deal out of it because you are their fellow troll.

Those features aren't what's going to sell the system, the exclusives and consistent 3rd party support and the competent free online play are.

you're never right! keep dreaming.
---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#86DDP886Posted 3/15/2013 11:20:37 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
DDP886 posted...
Wii u has no games

It has games, but not the quality or quantity that we would have liked. But again, what does it matter? once they start appealing to the kids and japanese around the world with super mario 9999, it will start selling well.

Yea that rehashed classic
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#87DemonDog666Posted 3/15/2013 11:30:27 AM
DTY3 posted...

I just stated it will be more expensive then every other console on the market. Especially if Demondog's precious Wii u price drop happens.

And every other console will have a larger library. Again,these arent opinions. It's just common sense.

Remember the numerous games confirmed for Wii U? yeaahhh Rayman Legends as a launch title, remember? I'd hold my breath until around launch time.

It doesn't matter that it's more expensive then last gen level consoles because they are last gen lol, nobody (read very few) who has a ps3/360 want a wiiU but they might want a ps4, and frankly ps3/360 owners are most likely to buy a ps4 on launch so they already have a ps3/360 have no need/desire for a wiiU because it just gets ps3/360 games so why does it matter that the other consoles aren't as expensive as ps4?

You said wiiU would have a "better" library not a larger one, sure it will have a larger one but it will be mostly ps3/360 ports with half baked exclusives mixed in and maybe (MAYBE) a few good exclusives by the time ps4 launches.

That's why I said we can't tell since we don't know what games will launch with ps4, obviously more are going to be announced and a few might be delayed, and the wiiU games we don't even know if they are scheduled to come out before ps4, we don't even know when ps4 is scheduled to come out... saying wiiU will be a better choice is an opinion formed on no premise at best.

Sagadego posted...

lol I'm right in the frigging quote you have of me.
#88DTY3Posted 3/15/2013 11:31:10 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
DTY3 posted...

I'm the most quoted person because people hate me, over half the quotes they have of me is either ridiculously out of content or right and they just don't understand it (sagadego's sig included) and the rest are the same few mistakes the trolls keep bring up months after I said them, again all while ignoring the dozens of times I was right.

Ok. You think I make more mistakes than you. Point some out. Point out times ive made a complete ass out of myself and I can find 10 more instances where you do.

Just admit your huge bias for Sony. Youve defended the Vita's awful memory situation, called memory sticks better than the 3DS' SD cards, did some hilarious math with Gravity Rush, called Pokemon a ripoff of Digimon, constantly bashes the Wii U for having ports but puts Disgaea 3 and Persona 4 as the Vita's highlights (both ports).

Go ahead and play the victim game. "Boo hoo. everyones out to get you! Everyone hates you blah blah blah..."
Your credibility is terrible. I havent ever had a topic backfire on me. You on the other hand...
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#89SagadegoPosted 3/15/2013 11:32:07 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
DTY3 posted...

It doesn't matter that it's more expensive then last gen level consoles because they are last gen lol, nobody (read very few) who has a ps3/360 want a wiiU but they might want a ps4, and frankly ps3/360 owners are most likely to buy a ps4 on launch so they already have a ps3/360 have no need/desire for a wiiU because it just gets ps3/360 games so why does it matter that the other consoles aren't as expensive as ps4?

You said wiiU would have a "better" library not a larger one, sure it will have a larger one but it will be mostly ps3/360 ports with half baked exclusives mixed in and maybe (MAYBE) a few good exclusives by the time ps4 launches.

That's why I said we can't tell since we don't know what games will launch with ps4, obviously more are going to be announced and a few might be delayed, and the wiiU games we don't even know if they are scheduled to come out before ps4, we don't even know when ps4 is scheduled to come out... saying wiiU will be a better choice is an opinion formed on no premise at best.

Sagadego posted...

lol I'm right in the frigging quote you have of me.

https://dvd.netflix.com/
what the hell is this? a rental service!
---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#90DemonDog666Posted 3/15/2013 11:33:54 AM
Sagadego posted...
https://dvd.netflix.com/
what the hell is this? a rental service!

A rental service provided by netflix, it's not the only service they provide, they have long since expanded, they are more known for their database access service now even though they still provide a rental service. netflix as a whole is not just a rental service anymore.