The gaming industry is unpredictable and the Wii U trolling is laughable

#21jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:32:10 AM
shootsmack posted...
I predicted a bust for the Wii U. I predicted a lack of third party support and non-existent DLC. I predicted slow sales.

Only Nintendo can't seem to read the writing on the wall.

Slow sales now, yes. But it had a more successful launch then the 360 or PS3. As far as predicting a Nintendo console having a lack of 3rd party support thats like predicting the sun will rise. DLC is coming. And do you predict that in this economy if the PS4 is more expensive then the Wii U, which looks likely, that it will have massive sales?
#22Boomerang78Posted 3/15/2013 5:33:16 AM
God damn, you people are pathetic. The TC's original post wasn't even that long. You all must have the attention spans of a kid on a sugar rush.

Anyway, TC, I agree with you. It still surprises me how much people think they know of the video game industry. The only certainty is uncertainty, and if anyone around here was at least somewhat accurate in their predictions about how the consoles will sell, you bet your britches they'd be hired at Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft's gaming divisions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#23jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:34:00 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
it was a nice read, and i agree with you: nobody here can predict the future.

i was under the impression that melee was a launch tittlefor the Gc,though.

It came out I think around 2 weeks after the Gamecube launch in North America. And I was gonna put that in under a big time launch game but hesitated because even though it has a huge following and massive sales it didn't seem to have that impact Halo did at the time.
#24TerotrousPosted 3/15/2013 5:38:13 AM
There's no question that people are insanely stupid. The only thing you can take solace in is knowing that PS4 and Nextbox will go through the same thing.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#25shootsmackPosted 3/15/2013 5:39:19 AM
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...
I predicted a bust for the Wii U. I predicted a lack of third party support and non-existent DLC. I predicted slow sales.

Slow sales now, yes. But it had a more successful launch then the 360 or PS3. As far as predicting a Nintendo console having a lack of 3rd party support thats like predicting the sun will rise. DLC is coming. And do you predict that in this economy if the PS4 is more expensive then the Wii U, which looks likely, that it will have massive sales?

There is no confidence in the Wii brand. It will no strengthen. DLC not being available eliminates 3rd party support.

The PS4 will have better marketing, visibility, and relevant modern technical integration. And I don't even want one.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#26jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:40:53 AM
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...

There is no confidence in the Wii brand. It will no strengthen. DLC not being available eliminates 3rd party support.

The PS4 will have better marketing, visibility, and relevant modern technical integration. And I don't even want one.

The same thing could have been said about the PS3 and the Wii. How did that turn out? Exactly like you and everyone else predicted?
#27Baha05Posted 3/15/2013 5:43:35 AM
shootsmack posted...

Except DLC IS on the system.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#28shootsmackPosted 3/15/2013 5:44:20 AM
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...

The same thing could have been said about the PS3 and the Wii. How did that turn out? Exactly like you and everyone else predicted?

No it could not be said. The Wii u is battling universally negative perception as well as the smartphone market. It has no chance. Had they named it anything other than "Wii" it could do well.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#29DDP886Posted 3/15/2013 5:47:02 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Tl;dr

The fact that you feel the need for this much damage control just proves the Wii U is a pathetic failure.

This the wii u is flopping hard
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#30jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:50:12 AM
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...

No it could not be said. The Wii u is battling universally negative perception as well as the smartphone market. It has no chance. Had they named it anything other than "Wii" it could do well.

Some people are so negative against Nintendo it's funny. They were coming off their lowest selling home console in the Gamecube and created a system with a new controller and very similar power to the consoles we were playing at the time with the Wii. Sony was coming off their massive success with the PS2. Nobody would have predicted how things panned out how they did. 2 things are certain. If you go buy the economy and the pricing of handhelds it's quite obvious price is a main point nowadays. And if Sony and Microsoft decide to sell their new consoles for even more then the Wii U it's not going to go good. Thats actually looking at recent trends and not just making assumptions because I wanna troll. Also, do you think smartphones are competition for the other consoles as well?