The gaming industry is unpredictable and the Wii U trolling is laughable

#31trollhunter2Posted 3/15/2013 6:50:18 AM
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...
I predicted a bust for the Wii U. I predicted a lack of third party support and non-existent DLC. I predicted slow sales.

Only Nintendo can't seem to read the writing on the wall.

Slow sales now, yes. But it had a more successful launch then the 360 or PS3. As far as predicting a Nintendo console having a lack of 3rd party support thats like predicting the sun will rise. DLC is coming. And do you predict that in this economy if the PS4 is more expensive then the Wii U, which looks likely, that it will have massive sales?

There is no confidence in the Wii brand. It will no strengthen. DLC not being available eliminates 3rd party support.

The PS4 will have better marketing, visibility, and relevant modern technical integration. And I don't even want one.

The same thing could have been said about the PS3 and the Wii. How did that turn out? Exactly like you and everyone else predicted?

Had they named it anything other than "Wii" it could do well.

This is what worries me. The wii turned many consumers off, due to lack of 3rd party support and outdated hardware. I feel that Nintendo should have named the WII U different
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#32Dark_AbaddonPosted 3/15/2013 6:50:22 AM
you make a good argument TC.

The other thing people forget is that the WIi U should be compared to the PS4/Next Xbox. If those two consoles run into the same problems as the Wii U, or sell as slowly as the Wii U, then the Wii U's launch will not have been that bad.
---
and thus concludes my post.
#33the_cajun88Posted 3/15/2013 6:50:51 AM
God damn, you people are pathetic. The TC's original post wasn't even that long. You all must have the attention spans of a kid on a sugar rush.

^This.

I read every post in this topic up to this one, and it took less than 2 minutes.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#34Bahamut_10thPosted 3/15/2013 6:50:51 AM
I'm not a lazy-ass kidult who has a heart attack when seeing a text more than six sentences long so I read everything.
And yeah I agree. I never saw the Wii U as a failure at all. It's too early to judge it, and personally ports or not the launch had more significant options than almost every previous console... People prefer to put their hands on their ears and pretend only Wii U had a 'meh' launch titles just because it's 'gimmicky' Nintendo doing it.
#35NikraPosted 3/15/2013 6:55:25 AM(edited)
The funny thing is that non of the trolls that are overfloating this board, haven't even tried out the Wii U. LMAO
And no, I Didn't read your WALL OF TEXT either. lol.
#36Beatperson14Posted 3/15/2013 6:54:03 AM
>all the fanboys read every single word

Lmao
#37jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:57:12 AM
I guess it should be a compliment that Nintendo consoles are held to such high standards. Look at the Gamecube. It had a great first year looking back yet it got trashed to hell in the media. The PS2, which turned out phenominal, had such a piss poor first year that magazines like EGM had 3 page stories on a demo of a game a year out simply because their was nothing to play yet it was hyped to the heavens and sold like crazy. The Wii U had the same type of launch as the 360 and PS3 and that the PS4 and Nextbox will have yet people demand more because it's Nintendo.
#38shootsmackPosted 3/15/2013 7:02:59 AM
Oh sure, Nintendo swindled a ton of people into buying the Wii. Good for them! But they did not release very compelling software. So why would I care that Nintendo benefits when I buy into a mediocre entertainment solution?
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#39jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:11:51 AM
shootsmack posted...
Oh sure, Nintendo swindled a ton of people into buying the Wii. Good for them! But they did not release very compelling software. So why would I care that Nintendo benefits when I buy into a mediocre entertainment solution?

Say what you want about the Wii, I certainly dont think it's Nintendos best system, but they took a gamble and not only made a ton of money they innovated enough once again for MS and Sony to copy them. Why do people treat Nintendo like they should just give them everything for free when they are a business and need to make money to live. I certainly think Nintendo is going in a better direction then someone like EA who will be charging full price for games and then you will be spending even more money to actually enjoy the games. But they are not Nintendo so it's ok.
#40shootsmackPosted 3/15/2013 7:12:51 AM
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...

Say what you want about the Wii, I certainly dont think it's Nintendos best system, but they took a gamble and not only made a ton of money they innovated enough once again for MS and Sony to copy them. Why do people treat Nintendo like they should just give them everything for free when they are a business and need to make money to live. I certainly think Nintendo is going in a better direction then someone like EA who will be charging full price for games and then you will be spending even more money to actually enjoy the games. But they are not Nintendo so it's ok.

You are very obviously a viral marketer.

Stop obscuring the issue.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.