The gaming industry is unpredictable and the Wii U trolling is laughable

#41jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:17:45 AM
shootsmack posted...
jbhens posted...
shootsmack posted...
Oh sure, Nintendo swindled a ton of people into buying the Wii. Good for them! But they did not release very compelling software. So why would I care that Nintendo benefits when I buy into a mediocre entertainment solution?

Say what you want about the Wii, I certainly dont think it's Nintendos best system, but they took a gamble and not only made a ton of money they innovated enough once again for MS and Sony to copy them. Why do people treat Nintendo like they should just give them everything for free when they are a business and need to make money to live. I certainly think Nintendo is going in a better direction then someone like EA who will be charging full price for games and then you will be spending even more money to actually enjoy the games. But they are not Nintendo so it's ok.

You are very obviously a viral marketer.

Stop obscuring the issue.

You mean the issue that I created and that you still ignore? The issue that the first 4 months of sales is not enough to spell success or doom for a console. Or the fact that the Nintendo can afford for the Wii U to fail and they still won't close shop or go 3rd party. The fact that the Wii changed the industry and MS and Sony copied it, for better or worse? The fact that this industry is fickle and the economy is bad and if the PS4 and Nextbox are even more expensive then the Wii U and $60 retail games will be hitting you over the head with DLC that should be available in an already expensive game then it will effect the industry for the worse?
#42nickvd8Posted 3/15/2013 7:28:11 AM
Unfortunately most of the people left around here like to scream doom and gloom for Nintendo. Most of the rationally thinking people are gone because they don't feel like dealing with the incessive trolling that goes on here. The bottom line whether anybody likes it or not is that the system is off to a slow start because Nintendo has failed to release a heavy hitter for the system yet.

Nintendo always drives the install base with their first party software for their systems. That includes both home consoles and handhelds. When they release something that many people already identify with and enjoy the console sales will have a huge jump. Whether that game be Mario Kart, Zelda or something like Smash Bros remains to be seen.

There's a reason why first party titles sell hardware for Nintendo. That reason? Because they make the best and most fun software period. Don't believe me? Go look on Gamerankings at the top 5 highest rated games of all-time and pick out first party titles. All 5 Nintendo with #6 finally a Sony game with Uncharted.

So this is just the reality of it TC, try to ignore the haters and just wait because when the time is right you'll be able to look back and laugh because they were wrong. Also on a side note I think the Wii U sales will see a jump in March due to some solid 3rd party titles coming.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#43excitebike64Posted 3/15/2013 7:29:21 AM
curtland posted...
ITT: Damage control.

I love Nintendo. I really do, but this system is a bust. Give it up already.

Give it up already? How about taking your own advice.
#44jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:34:56 AM
nickvd8 posted...
Unfortunately most of the people left around here like to scream doom and gloom for Nintendo. Most of the rationally thinking people are gone because they don't feel like dealing with the incessive trolling that goes on here. The bottom line whether anybody likes it or not is that the system is off to a slow start because Nintendo has failed to release a heavy hitter for the system yet.

Nintendo always drives the install base with their first party software for their systems. That includes both home consoles and handhelds. When they release something that many people already identify with and enjoy the console sales will have a huge jump. Whether that game be Mario Kart, Zelda or something like Smash Bros remains to be seen.

There's a reason why first party titles sell hardware for Nintendo. That reason? Because they make the best and most fun software period. Don't believe me? Go look on Gamerankings at the top 5 highest rated games of all-time and pick out first party titles. All 5 Nintendo with #6 finally a Sony game with Uncharted.

So this is just the reality of it TC, try to ignore the haters and just wait because when the time is right you'll be able to look back and laugh because they were wrong. Also on a side note I think the Wii U sales will see a jump in March due to some solid 3rd party titles coming.

Thanks man, Just love how when you put up facts like I did they all scramble and create a thread about poor Wii U sales so they can have a circle jerk. Im far from a fanboy of Nintendo and don't even own a Wii U yet but anyone trying to say a system is a flop after 4 months and complaining about lack of games is either very new to the industry, a obvious troll, or dumb enough to think the PS4 for and Nextbox will different in any way. Gaming industry shows that success can go anywhere for any small reason and the only thing you can look at is current trends of the handheld market and the poor economy and it's easy to conclude all console manufacturers and game developers are going to have an uphill battle especially the more expensive things get.
#45nickvd8Posted 3/15/2013 7:45:57 AM
jbhens posted...

Thanks man, Just love how when you put up facts like I did they all scramble and create a thread about poor Wii U sales so they can have a circle jerk. Im far from a fanboy of Nintendo and don't even own a Wii U yet but anyone trying to say a system is a flop after 4 months and complaining about lack of games is either very new to the industry, a obvious troll, or dumb enough to think the PS4 for and Nextbox will different in any way. Gaming industry shows that success can go anywhere for any small reason and the only thing you can look at is current trends of the handheld market and the poor economy and it's easy to conclude all console manufacturers and game developers are going to have an uphill battle especially the more expensive things get.

Oh I agree. In a topic yesterday (I can't remember which one) somebody posted a list of games that 360 had supposedly in it's first 4 months trying to defend others saying Microsoft was guilty of the same problem with the 360. I went through his list and picked it apart because all the original titles he listed weren't released till August-November of the following year. After that all that was left were ports that were also released on Xbox and PS2.

Now let me just say that I got a 360 at launch because I was a huge Perfect Dark fan on the N64 and PDZ was a launch title. So I remember the 360 launch vividly, there was hardly anything to play and my 360 red ringed after a mere 2 months. So I was by no means trying to troll whoever that was by proving him wrong, just gotta stick to the facts man :)

People like to "forget" the past when trying to make an argument in their favor. They ignore certain facts hoping you don't know any better. It's pretty pathetic that people go around bashing a product they don't have any interest in owning anyways. I've played some crummy games in the past but I didn't go to the boards for said games and rip it to shreds, I just moved on with my life. I wish others would do the same.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#46jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:50:17 AM
Same thing can be said for the PS2. At the time the Dreamcast had a killer lineup and the PS2 had very little to offer for a whole year yet people ate it up. Being a dvd player helped I suppose. But a lack of games is nothing new and a ton of good games doesn't equal success. People act like a lack of games within 4 months of a launch is new. About every new console released comes out about a year before it really should and gamers are left waiting near a year for AAA titles. But Nintendo is the only one thrown under a bus for it.
#47ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/15/2013 7:55:53 AM
Okay, I'm bumping this topic straight to E3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#48ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/15/2013 7:56:55 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Okay, I'm bumping this topic straight to E3.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#49shaunmePosted 3/15/2013 7:58:24 AM
jbhens posted...
Dolphin was the codename for Gamecube which shows me how young or very little people actually know about the past of the gaming industry. And a bunch of troll reponses where nobody can complain about the lack of Wii U games but make mention of what was so incredible in the first 4 months of the PS2/3 and Xbox/360. Big surprise. And I dont own a Wii U yet so why am I doing damage control. Besides the Dreamcast, I usually wait about a year to buy a systems...

yeah I know that hence why I said it is called gamecube not dolphin, silly drone.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#50Skill4ReelPosted 3/15/2013 7:59:09 AM
It is funny how Gamestop reports how interest in PS4 is very high when there has been no official price for the console announced. Like it matters. I agree with you, and it will come full circle once Sony and Microsoft put their new consoles on the shelf that slow sales is not all about no games. It is about people making the very realistic decision that they do not need to buy a new gaming console right now.

Despite prettier graphics, and fancier online features. There are millions who will continue to play games on the consoles that they already have. Steady sales for the XB360 and PS3 right now is kind of the worst thing Sony and Microsoft could see. Why would people who just purchased your current console immediately jump on your more expensive new machine right away? They won't.

It is immature to predict doom for Wii U and expect the other two newer unreleased consoles not to share the same fate after initial strong sales at their launch.