The gaming industry is unpredictable and the Wii U trolling is laughable

#81Mattatron42Posted 3/16/2013 6:02:47 AM
Bunch of lazy bums can't read 3-4 short paragraphs. Pretty spot on tc most consoles don't get much until close to a year in. The U is just getting some of the games I was looking forward to at launch. Now it will be a few more months for some of the big Nintendo franchises and hopefully some good third party support.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#82cantdoit2Posted 3/16/2013 6:11:22 AM
OP is butthurt and didn't have to read his long post.
#83Sevi_neyPosted 3/16/2013 6:13:13 AM
idgaf...

idgasfaa
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#84wolf_blitzer85Posted 3/16/2013 6:30:00 AM
The Wii U has some amazing potential.
I feel that if the PS4 launch is a bust as many are predicting, Sony will declare bankruptcy or be bought by/merge with another company.

That leaves Microsoft, Nintendo, and Apple.
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.
#85LordBowserPosted 3/16/2013 6:54:24 AM
Jbphens made a well-writtten post that wasn't a wall of text. The fact that people call that a 'wall of text' makes me laugh. It's as if you haven't read any kind of book your entire life, or even read anything on the internet besides inane trolling on garbage websites like this one.

Here's the wall of text version of his post for your viewing pleasure:

I guess my post got deleted yesterday. Its amazing how many troll topics manage to stay up yet an intelligent topic pointing things out gets deleted. Maybe it was the title I used to get people to actually read it. Anyways... The Wii U trolling is unlike anything I have ever seen. As someone who was a diehard IGN board member back in the early days of the Dreamcast, PS2, Dolphin, and Xbox I know what trolling is like but nowadays the stupidity has reached new heights. The worst thing about it is that the gaming industry has always been so unpredictable and their is only a few facts you can actually go by yet people act like they know exactly how things will pan out. Nobody does. First of all the Wii U has had an average system launch for a 3d console. People don't realize we are entering the 4th generation of 3d consoles. Sure graphics have gotten better, online has become big, and the gaming machines can do many more things but overall these games foundation were built in the N64 and PS days and we aren't gonna have that big jump again. It's not that games haven't gotten better but for anyone who has been gaming for so long their is nothing that can compare to those first experiences of Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, or Goldeneye. Many gamers are jaded nowadays because we have had close to 20 years of 3d games and we have seen it all which makes it extremely hard to be impressed or to hand over cash for the same type of gaming experiences we've had for years. You gotta think if you grew up on the NES there was really only 2 generations of 2d gaming over about a 12 years span. I live in North America btw and am only speaking for how things panned out here. Now you have the Wii U launch. For the most part it's been about as average of a new system as you can get. At launch you had a couple good to great games that show off the functions of the new controller, some 3rd party ports, some exclusive 3rd party games about to hit, and some games that we were expecting getting delayed which seems to happen a lot around launches. Even though Ubisoft is making a huge mistake, but that's another topic. Have their been bugs and problems with some things on the Wii U? Of course. Nintendo is very new as far as making a system with the type of online capabilities. For a company whose main capabilites was making consoles and games they did a respectable job and are fixing some of the issues. The Xbox 360 launched with many of the same problems from a company who should have much more experience at making a stable console in reality. Now people are saying the Wii U is selling so poorly because the lack of games. This very well could be the case and I would usually agree. But, this is where the gaming industry hasn't made sense in the past and things get tricky. First of all the economy sucks and could be a huge part of it. Then if you look at the Vita and 3ds, it took a price reduction and some big games for those systems sales to pick up. We can't say for sure why it's not selling until we see some big releases and also see how the PS4 and new Xbox do. Lack of games. Every troll who comes on this board to whine about it ammuses me. If it were only games that sold systems then the gaming industry would be a whole different landscape. The Dreamcast had the best launch out of 3d systems with a steady stream of great content yet it got killed as soon as the PS2 was released.

(And this is only as much as I could fit on the message)
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#86LordBowserPosted 3/16/2013 7:01:38 AM(edited)
By the way, I agree with you OP. But I really appreciate what you're doing, intentionally or not -- gathering a lot of the trolls plaguing this board to one thread so I can ignore them all in one fell swoop. Thanks for that.

I'm not sure it's worth it as more come every day and this website is pretty awful, but it's still a step in the right direction.

The one thing I disagree on is the idea you seem to have that you can argue logic with trolls. They just ignore and avoid the logic and use personal attacks. Most trolls, even literally in real life, are a dumb as a sack of hammers and revel in their ignorance and stupidity.

Don't waste your time if you're seriously trying to argue with them. There's only one way to handle trolls -- ignore them, in every possible sense. They are desperate for attention that they severely lack in real life. They don't deserve any, and will starve without it.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#87Nophoria88Posted 3/16/2013 7:08:59 AM
jbhens posted...
People talk like the Wii U has been out for 4 years, not 4 months.

Yup, don't worry about the trolling, anyone with half a brain w/ functioning memory can tell you how every launch system sucks for a while. People like having something to complain about, makes them feel better about whatever else they prefer.
#88ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/17/2013 5:27:16 AM
Bump!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#89CaioNVPosted 3/17/2013 6:15:03 AM
LordBowser posted...
By the way, I agree with you OP. But I really appreciate what you're doing, intentionally or not -- gathering a lot of the trolls plaguing this board to one thread so I can ignore them all in one fell swoop. Thanks for that.

Lol, this is so ture.
The one thing I disagree on is the idea you seem to have that you can argue logic with trolls. They just ignore and avoid the logic and use personal attacks. Most trolls, even literally in real life, are a dumb as a sack of hammers and revel in their ignorance and stupidity.

Don't waste your time if you're seriously trying to argue with them. There's only one way to handle trolls -- ignore them, in every possible sense. They are desperate for attention that they severely lack in real life. They don't deserve any, and will starve without it.

And so is this.
TC, shaunme was blatantly trolling, why did you keep replying to him anyway? I was expecting him to just point out how that you said "your" instead of "you're" and say that this is a logical fallacy within your argument. Just use the ignore list!

I agree with most of your points, there is only one single thing that I didn't understand.
jbhens posted...
Same thing can be said for the PS2. At the time the Dreamcast had a killer lineup and the PS2 had very little to offer for a whole year yet people ate it up. Being a dvd player helped I suppose. But a lack of games is nothing new and a ton of good games doesn't equal success. People act like a lack of games within 4 months of a launch is new. About every new console released comes out about a year before it really should and gamers are left waiting near a year for AAA titles. But Nintendo is the only one thrown under a bus for it.

Pretty sure that people also troll Sony and Microsoft for their consoles. Nintendo also has dumb fans.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#90CaioNVPosted 3/17/2013 11:23:01 AM
Bump.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png