The gaming industry is unpredictable and the Wii U trolling is laughable

#91TheBonfiniPosted 3/17/2013 11:54:11 AM
Most reasonable people can acknowledge that Wii-U is technically the best system on the market. The problem is that Nintendo hasn't been successful marketing it. They should have had a few big franchises at launch ready to go that people can't wait to play. They are wasting thier time being the lone next gen console on the market.

It is what it is.

In any event, I expect the Wii-U to be the supplementary console for many people who can't go with out Nintendos awesomely fun games. It's just taking longer to spike in sales since the software from Nintendo is lagging.

Wii-U isn't going anywhere and it really is getting annoying with all the doom and gloom. It's just like what happened to ps3 when it really sucked the first couple years.

I didn't get one until MGS4 dropped. I expect I wasn't alone and I saved $100 because the price dropped by then.

I anticipate Nintendo to have a AAA game ready for holidays and a price drop to aggressively compete with Sony and MS.

There's been room for 3 consoles in the market since Sony entered and MS replaced Sega. I just don't see how Nintendo will possibly pull the Wii-U. Even if it sells only GameCube levels that will still mean a success for Nintendo. With a 40 million install base thier big guns will still sell more than most other developers games.

It's funny to troll the fanboys and all but you know you're just setting yourself up to eat crow. So what if Nintendo is in 2nd or 3rd next gen? No one knows how the others will be received. 360 and Ps3 are still very fun consoles and have excellent value that might caniibalize sales of the next gen consoles for a couple years until 3rd parties cease releasing games.

That's enough logical reasoning for me today. Long live Nintendo!!
A world with out charming Nintendo consoles is just going to be a bitter day. Remember Nintendo saved the industry and they deserve their place in the market, wherever that ends up. Nintendo will not lose money. They are too popular and I just don't buy that they are losing money.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#92ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/17/2013 3:23:24 PM
CaioNV posted...
Bump.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#93ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/17/2013 6:15:33 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
CaioNV posted...
Bump.

---
#94Shinobi120Posted 3/17/2013 6:23:21 PM
Boomerang78 posted...
God damn, you people are pathetic. The TC's original post wasn't even that long. You all must have the attention spans of a kid on a sugar rush.

Anyway, TC, I agree with you. It still surprises me how much people think they know of the video game industry. The only certainty is uncertainty, and if anyone around here was at least somewhat accurate in their predictions about how the consoles will sell, you bet your britches they'd be hired at Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft's gaming divisions.

This. I also happen to agree with the TC.
#95Traptin3daysPosted 3/17/2013 6:38:16 PM
I like this thread. Will read everything when I've got some sleep.
---
My dad gave me some advice before he died. He said, son, if you see a beautiful woman, you have to flirt with her. It's rude not to. - Lowell
#96ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/17/2013 7:06:51 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
CaioNV posted...
Bump.

---
#97_Sovereign_Posted 3/17/2013 10:59:45 PM
Wow has the internet and smartphones made people lazy. That was maybe half a page in a book to read, not bad at all.

On topic, the trolling sucks and people do in fact seem to forget that the 360/PS3 were not at all worth owning until their 1st year anniversary.
Xbox had one title for it's entire lifespan worth owning.
GC had a decent launch but support dried up quickly.
The best selling console yet, the PS2, didn't have ONE single title worth owning for seven months.....29 games and not a single reason to buy the system.
Vita was bad, and by all accounts, is still bad.
3ds was abysmal, but it picked up and is on track to outsell the DS.

The Wii U's launch has been the best game wise since the Dreamcast launch. And let's be honest here, anyone who discredits that is taking a swing at their console of choice as well. Obviously nobody counts the shovelware.

The ports were AAA titles (mostly), so if you call this launch bad, are you saying you don't have those same games sitting on your shelf for another system?
The 1st party titles are pretty much what anybody should expect at launch, a fun yet interesting sneak peek into what can be achieved later while Super Mario World, Mario64, and Halo are the only ones to break that mold and pretty much be the definitive launch system seller.

Wii U will do fine starting April and with high quality releases peppered throughout the remainder of the year, I expect to see it rise above the water line rather easily.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#98ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/18/2013 3:29:42 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
CaioNV posted...
Bump.

---
#99shaunmePosted 3/18/2013 3:50:13 AM
This flopic is full of trolls
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#100jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 4:58:27 AM
shaunme posted...
This flopic is full of trolls