I think some people really underestimate the Casual Market.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 3/15/2013 8:10:06 AM
Some of these 1st or 3rd party game coming out this year were extremely big hits on the Wii and/or other platforms.

Wii Fit U: Both Wii Fit and Plus sold around 20 million units each. People like to work out and will always buy into the latest fitness fad. As long as Nintendo advertises it well enough, it'll sell into the millions and move plenty of consoles.

Bayonetta 2: The 1st was a sleeper hit on 360 and PS3, and people have wanted a sequel for quite a bit. Now that the sequel in question is exclusive to Wii U, there will be a lot of people who will buy this, a lot coming from people who were such big fans of the first game, and there's an exclusive system seller.

Lego City Undercover: Lego games have always sold well on the Wii, some reaching upwards of 5 million copies. Now that this game is exclusive, add all the people who love Lego games on other consoles but can't get the next installment in their favorite series, and you have a system seller.

Monster Hunter 3G: Yes it sold lukewarm in Japan, but that's also because 3G 3DS had been out for so long and people who wanted it already bought it on 3DS. With both versions launching simultaneously on Wii U and 3DS, I'm sure the portable version will sell much more, but the Wii U version should move a respectable amount of games and consoles respectively.

Wii Party U: Wii Party nearly sold 8 million copies on Wii, and people love their party games. With enough advertising, this should follow neatly in its footsteps.

Game & Wario: WarioWare isn't a big franchise by any means, but it does have a dedicated following and it should sell a bit and give the console somewhat of a boost.

Wind Waker HD: People Love Zelda. I can't stress that enough. Ocarina of Time 3D sold a lot within its first month.

Pokemon Rumble U: Its a niche game, but there are at least a few poke maniacs out there that will buy anything with Pokemon in the title. It'll give a nice boost, one that will be supplemented by other games.

Rayman Legends: We know its going multiplat, but everyone knows that the Wii U version will be the definitive version due to it being the base console for development. It won't sell that much across all the consoles but most of the sales will be attributed to the Wii U version.

Other Games: Yarn Yoshi may move a few systems and games, people love Yoshi. And with the high probability of getting 3D Mario and Mario Kart at the end of the year, they don't even need explaining. Those games along with the 3DS price cut were the things that turned the tide for the console. Their ability to move consoles is unprecedented. There's a few 3rd Party stragglers throughout the year as well, such as Assassins Creed, Resident Evil Revelations HD, NFS Most Wanted, the inevitable COD, and The Walking Dead, all games that won't move too much due to having higher playerbases on PS360, but should provide minute boosts.

When you look at all these games and look at the pedigrees of other games in their series, you have a 2013 lineup with a lot of potential to sell millions and get the Wii U out of its proverbial "Slump".

It'll be fine this year if not set for success, and should be filled with surprises by whatever Nintendo shows at E3 and other Directs throughout the year. It's doing bad now, as all first year consoles do at this time, but it will in no way be like this at the end of the year, and it can only get better at this point.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2icarus231Posted 3/15/2013 8:13:59 AM
^ exactly
#3thundercat2600Posted 3/15/2013 8:16:01 AM
News flash: casuals are getting their gaming fix on iPad, iPhone, and Facebook. They ain't coming back to Nintendo, broseph.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#4Heartless18Posted 3/15/2013 8:18:22 AM
I think you really don't understand what the term "Casual" means. Sure, they buy the fitness and party games, and Nintendo's big franchises will always sell, but the casual video gamer has probably never played Bayonetta or Monster Hunter. They're the "DudeBro" Call of Duty players, the Madden players, the soccer moms that buy ****ty movie tie-in games for their kids.

Some of the games on your list definitely aren't for the casual gamer.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#5the_cajun88Posted 3/15/2013 8:19:24 AM
Agree with most of what you said except for the stuff about Bayonetta.

That WILL NOT be a system seller. Neither will Lego City: Undercover.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#6shaunmePosted 3/15/2013 8:19:51 AM
icarus231 posted...
^ exactly

no waggle waggle= no casuals= no sales

You learnt to fly but not think.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#7Erupt50Posted 3/15/2013 8:20:09 AM
Got some bad news for you. Casuals aren't buying a Wii U anytime soon...no matter how many Marios,Zeldas, or pokemons it has.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#8icarus231Posted 3/15/2013 8:20:14 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
News flash: casuals are getting their gaming fix on iPad, iPhone, and Facebook. They ain't coming back to Nintendo, broseph.

Proof?
#9parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:23:09 AM
Heartless18 posted...
I think you really don't understand what the term "Casual" means. Sure, they buy the fitness and party games, and Nintendo's big franchises will always sell, but the casual video gamer has probably never played Bayonetta or Monster Hunter. They're the "DudeBro" Call of Duty players, the Madden players, the soccer moms that buy ****ty movie tie-in games for their kids.

Some of the games on your list definitely aren't for the casual gamer.

Yeah, should've edited that in the title. This list is really meant to show that there's plenty of games with strong reputations meant to pull in both ends of the spectrum, with games catering to the casuals (Wii Fit, Wii Party, COD), ones for the hardcores (Bayonetta, Assassins Creed), and ones to bring in everyone (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon)
---
#10parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:24:45 AM
the_cajun88 posted...
Agree with most of what you said except for the stuff about Bayonetta.

That WILL NOT be a system seller. Neither will Lego City: Undercover.

Even if they don't, being spread apart enough will give enough small boosts to relieve any "droughts".
---