If they show Zelda Wii U at E3 2013, it should go like this:

#1XXShadowLinkXXPosted 3/15/2013 10:03:37 AM
- Nintendo shows great first-party games a the start ...
- Next, they show decent third-party support ...
- Then casual stuff ...
- And then ...

*Reggie steps onto the stage for some final words*

"I hope you've all enjoyed what Nintendo has shown you today.
Nine years ago I stood before you all at E3 2004, and I left that stage with an announcement you'd never forget. That game was for Nintendo Gamecube. With the change in times and the new hardware, Nintendo has been pouring its absolute best efforts into a game we'll hope you'll never forget, a game that will fill you with the same kind of joy and excitement you felt on that day nine years ago.
We believe we have achieved something here that will top anything you've seen before in the series. It has been a mammoth project, with hundreds of teams working tirelessly to achieve the best we can offer. A lot of gamers and media alike stated it was the greatest moment at any E3. I'm sure some of you may have caught on by now. So I won't keep you any longer.

Ladies and gentleman, thank you for coming. This is The Legend of Zelda for Wii U."

*audience is blown away by what they see and the game receives a standing ovation*

I know it'll never happen like this, and I'll probably be disappointed with the announcement, just like I was with SS's, but I can dream.
---
- The Arkive Project - <<<< Remember this as soon as you see it. Spread the word.
#2DBPanterAPosted 3/15/2013 12:05:02 PM
I will give you a Wii U if it does.

Also, with the rumors circulating on-line about the next installment of Zelda on a home console, consumers would be lucky to see it in 2014. Heck, Skyward Sword is BARELY a year old, and Nintendo doesn't kick out games in this series that quickly. . .
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 3/15/2013 12:23:16 PM
I do not want to see anything related to a new Zelda this year. Not only do Zelda games tend to be pretty big endeavors, but considering this will be one of the first major HD efforts by Nintendo (arguably their first major large-scale HD effort), this game is going to take a long time to develop. I think it's stupid to start showing games until they are a year away, at most. And really, 6-9 months before release is ideal.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#4blkalleykatPosted 3/15/2013 12:25:50 PM
DBPanterA posted...
I will give you a Wii U if it does.

Also, with the rumors circulating on-line about the next installment of Zelda on a home console, consumers would be lucky to see it in 2014. Heck, Skyward Sword is BARELY a year old, and Nintendo doesn't kick out games in this series that quickly. . .

Yeah he's correct. Nintendo takes at least 3 years before they release a game in general unless they use the same engine i.e. Marty Party and Majora's Mask using the Ocarina of Time Engine. So it's usually one Zelda per console generation unfortunately.

It's in their best interest to come up with a new IP to get people interested. Last one they came up with was Pikmin.
#5RockD79Posted 3/15/2013 12:28:08 PM
Wind Waker HD playable. As for the new don't expect anything beyond a teaser trailer.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#6bleedingelitePosted 3/15/2013 12:58:49 PM
The lights dim, the crowd holds its breath. Miyamoto rises from the floor while jets of mist shoot from the front of the stage.

"I am here today. To announce someting very, very speciar."

People in the crowd start weeping tears of anticipation.

"Zeruda Wii U!"

The crowd explodes into cheering. Nice_kirbyfan9 and DDP take their hands out of each other's pants and start pooping uncontrollably. Sony stock goes even lower than junk status and Kaz Hirai dies immediately.

Miyamoto bows and exits the stage, having once again saved videogames from social connectivity media hub buzzword share-button bull***t.

That's exactly what's going to happen.