Drink coffee? How does it effect your gaming life?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Drink coffee? How does it effect your gaming life?
3 years ago#1
I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my mid-20's, but I was thinking about it the other day (I have a lot of free time at work, like right now!) and I realized it has really had an effect on my gaming habits. Especially on the weekends, I rarely go without at least one cup of coffee in the morning. Sadly, I often find that the caffeine puts me into somewhat of a frenzied state, and I find it hard to focus and really get immersed into one game. Rarely, it seems to have the opposite effect where it really gets me locked in to a game, but usually I find that when I hope for that to happen, it ends up being the opposite, and I spend more time figuring out what to play rather than actually playing anything.

Also, I think that caffeine fueled online shopping frenzies have resulted in thousand of dollars of gaming related purchases, ranging from games I didn't really want to buying whole systems or TVs or sound systems.

So how does caffeine effect your gaming life? And if you don't drink coffee, I guess you can leave a post saying "I don't drink coffee", though I don't really see the point.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
3 years ago#2
I drink a few cups of black coffee per day... it has no effect on my gaming.

I game if I have time, if I don't... I don't. Always been that way.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
3 years ago#3
Interesting, yet useless fact. Bruce Lee never once drank coffee in his entire life.

I drink too much coffee, I find. It doesn't effect my gaming.
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
3 years ago#4
As an insomniac who has cut caffeine completely from my diet, I really miss coffee.
3 years ago#5
I love coffee, but it doesn't effect my gaming life at all. It's situational too - I feel like I "need" it at work, but have never "needed" to make a batch while at home gaming. It's like "Hey, it'd be nice to have some coffee while I play this", but never a priority.
Finding what button to press on most boards: http://alturl.com/73wtb
Finding what button to press on the Wii U board: http://alturl.com/nscvx
3 years ago#6
I hate coffee, and I always did.
The only caffeine I get comes from drinking a cola maybe once or twice every week..
3 years ago#7
Caffeine barely does anything for me anymore, morning coffee is pretty much just a habit at this point. A nice B vitamin and a cup of tea is really all I need these days. Tea is awesome.
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
3 years ago#8
3-6 cups a day
1-2 energy drinks a day

Still fall asleep randomly.
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."
3 years ago#9
ChipChipperson posted...
Caffeine barely does anything for me anymore, morning coffee is pretty much just a habit at this point. A nice B vitamin and a cup of tea is really all I need these days. Tea is awesome.

I'm trying to make the transition from coffee to tea, as well. Unfortunately, I've really grown to love the taste of good black coffee.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Drink coffee? How does it effect your gaming life?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived