Drink coffee? How does it effect your gaming life?

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 3/15/2013 10:33:31 AM
I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my mid-20's, but I was thinking about it the other day (I have a lot of free time at work, like right now!) and I realized it has really had an effect on my gaming habits. Especially on the weekends, I rarely go without at least one cup of coffee in the morning. Sadly, I often find that the caffeine puts me into somewhat of a frenzied state, and I find it hard to focus and really get immersed into one game. Rarely, it seems to have the opposite effect where it really gets me locked in to a game, but usually I find that when I hope for that to happen, it ends up being the opposite, and I spend more time figuring out what to play rather than actually playing anything.

Also, I think that caffeine fueled online shopping frenzies have resulted in thousand of dollars of gaming related purchases, ranging from games I didn't really want to buying whole systems or TVs or sound systems.

So how does caffeine effect your gaming life? And if you don't drink coffee, I guess you can leave a post saying "I don't drink coffee", though I don't really see the point.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#2New LinkPosted 3/15/2013 10:35:25 AM
I drink a few cups of black coffee per day... it has no effect on my gaming.

I game if I have time, if I don't... I don't. Always been that way.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#3Oni_TaedoPosted 3/15/2013 10:37:06 AM
Interesting, yet useless fact. Bruce Lee never once drank coffee in his entire life.

I drink too much coffee, I find. It doesn't effect my gaming.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#4QueezZeenartPosted 3/15/2013 10:38:46 AM
As an insomniac who has cut caffeine completely from my diet, I really miss coffee.
#5Rasputin77Posted 3/15/2013 10:41:01 AM
I love coffee, but it doesn't effect my gaming life at all. It's situational too - I feel like I "need" it at work, but have never "needed" to make a batch while at home gaming. It's like "Hey, it'd be nice to have some coffee while I play this", but never a priority.
---
Finding what button to press on most boards: http://alturl.com/73wtb
Finding what button to press on the Wii U board: http://alturl.com/nscvx
#6NikraPosted 3/15/2013 10:42:25 AM
I hate coffee, and I always did.
The only caffeine I get comes from drinking a cola maybe once or twice every week..
#7ChipChippersonPosted 3/15/2013 11:21:29 AM
Caffeine barely does anything for me anymore, morning coffee is pretty much just a habit at this point. A nice B vitamin and a cup of tea is really all I need these days. Tea is awesome.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#8GM_Posted 3/15/2013 11:41:32 AM
3-6 cups a day
1-2 energy drinks a day

Still fall asleep randomly.
---
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."
#9SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 11:55:39 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
Caffeine barely does anything for me anymore, morning coffee is pretty much just a habit at this point. A nice B vitamin and a cup of tea is really all I need these days. Tea is awesome.

I'm trying to make the transition from coffee to tea, as well. Unfortunately, I've really grown to love the taste of good black coffee.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.