What audience is Nintendo marketing the Wii U towards?

#1SolnotPosted 3/15/2013 2:05:21 PM
Nintendo fans? Casual gamers? Hardcore gamers? Who is Nintendo targeting with the Wii U?
#2sanas_thirituPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:04 PM
Nintendo is marketed towards kids, Japanese who like toony graphics and characters with squeaky voices and casuals who buy two games in a whole generation and like playing angry birds.

Atleast, thats to whom they try selling their things to. Sadly, in case of wii u, this audience is not responding. you see, the hardcore gamer is a much more loyal customer but nintendo has turned them away with last gen's wii.
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#3Fusion916Posted 3/15/2013 2:20:52 PM
sanas_thiritu posted...
Nintendo is marketed towards kids, Japanese who like toony graphics and characters with squeaky voices and casuals who buy two games in a whole generation and like playing angry birds.

Atleast, thats to whom they try selling their things to. Sadly, in case of wii u, this audience is not responding. you see, the hardcore gamer is a much more loyal customer but nintendo has turned them away with last gen's wii.

This and I'd like to add, unlike the Wii, Nintendo will fail at getting this audience again because kids now play on phones and tablets.
---
PSN: Fusion916
#4CitizenCraigPosted 3/15/2013 2:24:52 PM
People willing to overpay for outdated systems in the hopes of getting the chance to play exclusive Nintendo software. That's basically the majority of people who buy Wii or WiiU.
---
For PS3 trophy stats, submit your PSN to:
psnprofiles.com & psntrophyleaders.com
#5KAMMYqueenPosted 3/15/2013 2:25:35 PM
this topic is amazing
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#6Beatperson14Posted 3/15/2013 2:27:02 PM
Fools with too much money
#7MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 3/15/2013 2:40:08 PM
It's marketed towards little kids and adults with nostalgia goggles on.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#8QlJGamerPosted 3/15/2013 2:48:17 PM
Family!! more than anything else to be honest.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#9zetsuclonePosted 3/15/2013 2:51:34 PM
http://cdn.ndtv.com/tech/gadget/image/kid_playing_nintendo.jpg
---
I can transform
#10_Sovereign_Posted 3/15/2013 2:53:02 PM
Gamers, and any other answer is null and void. If you have to divide us up in your mind, it just means you seek attention, and some sort of recognition, for a HOBBY.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.