What will the graphics gap be like

#61overkillwfo1978Posted 3/17/2013 12:35:35 AM(edited)
CyborgSage00x0 posted...

People don't realize that plenty of PS3/360 games could run on the Wii without breaking a sweat. It's how you use power and allocate resources in a game that matters, not raw numbers. Did anyone here have a problem with how Mario Galaxy looked? or MP3, which easily looked as good as any PS3/360 game? (minus the HD). No, no one did. The argument over power is silly because almost no one knows how that actually works when it coems to computing and games, so people naturally assume there will be some collasal difference in WiiU and PS3 graphics. There won't be-in fact, it'll probably be less so than ever before.

Yeah. This is all completely false for the most part.

1) No PS3/360 game could run on the Wii. At all, whatsoever.... at least the 99% of games that were 720p or higher. The Wii was not capable of 720p/1080p resolution and because of that fact the games looked horrible and muddy on it when played on an HDTV. The Wii hardware was literally too weak to run HD games with the detail that the 360/PS3 had because of the raw power difference between the hardware. To deny this is just plain stupidity.

2) "Raw numbers" matter a LOT when talking about the capabilities of the components that make up a system in the long term. Look at the PS3/360 games in 2006 compared to now... WORLDS of difference, because the hardware had lots of room to grow. Now look at Wii games from 2006 til now. A tiny bit more detailed, but still, with horrible, muddy, sub-HD graphics. Anyone who says this doesn't matter is fooling themselves.

3) I will book mark this page and quote it back to you when the PS4 releases. To say that there will be no graphical difference and that "we have reached the limit where these differenced even become noticable" is the height of ignorance.

Example? I am currently playing Sleeping Dogs on my PC, on max settings, 1080p native/60fps. The graphical difference is so remarkable, it is not funny. It looks a generation better than the console versions (I have played the 360 version)

People that keep harping that we have reached the peak of graphics and that graphical upgrades will no longer be noticable are either a) trying to save face of their underpowered platform of choice or b) completely ignorant to how technology advances and the history of video games themselves.

btw.... this opinion comes from someone who has been gaming for 29 years and also a Wii U owner. I remember back in 1989-1990 when people were saying that the NEO-GEO was the pinnacle of graphics and that they would never look better. How foolish does that sound now? Well, your opinion sounds just as bad. Do some research before throwing completely false information out.
---
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX
#62GdboyratedloudPosted 3/17/2013 12:33:00 AM
LOL at the idiot who called the PS4 CPU a modern notebook cpu. Then turned around an called the Wii U CPU old when that has been DEBUNKED.

LOL @ Killzone being 30 FPS and not 60. The drones are in for a rude awakening.
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#63VanderZooPosted 3/17/2013 12:36:41 AM
Well here's a tech demo for the Wii U:

http://www.gamnesia.com/images/uploads/zelda-wii-u.jpg

Here's a tech demo for the PS4:

http://www.itsartmag.com/features/itsart/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/deep-down-PS4.jpg
#64FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/17/2013 12:49:41 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
LOL at the idiot who called the PS4 CPU a modern notebook cpu. Then turned around an called the Wii U CPU old when that has been DEBUNKED.

LOL @ Killzone being 30 FPS and not 60. The drones are in for a rude awakening.

killzone is only 30 fps the developers said so....
---
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
NNI: Gaiaknight
#65andrea987Posted 3/17/2013 2:09:35 AM
http://s2.postimage.org/aw7des57t/299868_481701208551802_1251792628_n.png
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#66overkillwfo1978Posted 3/17/2013 2:51:25 AM(edited)
andrea987 posted...
http://s2.postimage.org/aw7des57t/299868_481701208551802_1251792628_n.png

lol.

That "triangle" pic would be sooooo true if everyone gamed on the same size and resolution of a tv/monitor forever and ever. Problem is, that screen size, resolution and frames per second regarding monitors continue to advance, making that pic completely false.

Want proof? Take that same 6000 triangle head and the 60000 triangle head and view them in motion, up close on a 65" 1080p LED TV. Oh, wait, they don't show you that, do they? Of course not, that blatantly false information can only be absorbed if you show an incredibly small static image.... /facepalm
---
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX
#67Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 2:52:28 AM
Stop being naive, Fanboys.

The PS4 has already destroyed the Wii U, with just what they demoed at the conference.
#68overkillwfo1978Posted 3/17/2013 3:01:16 AM
Lefty128k posted...

The PS4 has already destroyed the Wii U, with just what they demoed at the conference.

I agree. I own a Wii U and I think the PS4 is going to be considerably and very noticably more powerful, however, my PC with a 680 in it will still "destroy" anything the PS4 will do.
---
- SUPER3METROIDX
#69andrea987Posted 3/17/2013 3:04:56 AM
Lefty128k posted...

So you believe demos and footage taken from pc are true reflection of how games will run on ps4. I'm a Sony fan, but I ain't as naive as that.
The pic of diminishing return is just an example, of course. We're already past the last stage, that only shows that the difference will be there, it'll be noticeable for some, but not as huge as it was between last 2 gens. That's logic, but I know when you're so into trolling can be difficult to understand.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#70Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 3:09:57 AM
andrea987 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

So you believe demos and footage taken from pc are true reflection of how games will run on ps4. I'm a Sony fan, but I ain't as naive as that.
The pic of diminishing return is just an example, of course. We're already past the last stage, that only shows that the difference will be there, it'll be noticeable for some, but not as huge as it was between last 2 gens. That's logic, but I know when you're so into trolling can be difficult to understand.

When did they announce the live demos were being played off of a PC?