Anyone remember the Virtual Boy?

#1DaLastBossPosted 3/15/2013 6:44:51 PM
What was it like back then? Did people bash it as much as the Wii U?
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 3/15/2013 6:46:12 PM
The hype for the VB was enormous. When it was released everyone forgot about because of how awful it was.

I'm sure everyone bashed it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3DaLastBoss(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:47:14 PM
Was Seinfeld really the #1 show on television?
#4lazycomplifePosted 3/15/2013 7:10:23 PM(edited)
They put out multiple news stories of how damaging the VB was for your eyes. That, coupled with the lack of games and lack of interest, produced an epic fail. But no, there wasn't much hate for it because people were so excited at the thought of virtual reality.
---
Official Swinub
#5AMGPosted 3/15/2013 7:12:30 PM
Yep, I remember playing the demo unit at Toys R Us. Needless to say I didn't buy it after that.
#6lordofthenlpplePosted 3/15/2013 7:12:31 PM
Didnt have gamefaqs back then so we just kept it all inside.
#7lazycomplifePosted 3/15/2013 7:13:30 PM
lordofthenlpple posted...
Didnt have gamefaqs back then so we just kept it all inside.

:'( that feel
---
Official Swinub
#8HaloOfTheSun442Posted 3/15/2013 7:18:38 PM
DaLastBoss posted...
What was it like back then? Did people bash it as much as the Wii U?

I remember huge amounts of hype surrounding its release. It was supposed to be huge. With the idea of feeling like you were actually in the game (virtual reality), how could it not be?

A friend of mind got one and I played that Mario Tennis game on it when I went over to his house and I was really disappointed and bored with it so we just played Super Bomberman instead. It sucked and everyone knew it sucked. There was a major backlash and not just from consumers, developers too. That's why there were barely any games for it (aside from its incredibly short lifespan).

The bashing the Wii U gets is mostly just fanboys trolling and journalists doing what they always do: hating on Nintendo. Most of that will die down once more games are released. Unless of course they all suck.
#9MARl0Posted 3/15/2013 7:23:27 PM
I bought it on launch day. Was super excited for it. And honestly, I really liked it. I still have it of course, and it still works just fine. I have eight games for it.
---
Currently playing: Project Diva F (PS3) / Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
#10JackalPosted 3/15/2013 7:26:50 PM
I tried on out at a kiosk and got a headache. The VB was not a good idea.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz