Anyone remember the Virtual Boy?

#21StarmanJuniorPosted 3/16/2013 7:38:09 AM
I bought a virtual boy a couple years ago when adding new content to my retro collection, and I can definitely see why it flopped...in fact, someone really shoulda put a stop to it before it hit market. Also, I've gone through three of them. They break surprisingly easy. Those who have had one for years, take care of it. I take good care of my stuff, and still the damn things...one, the cartridge slot broke, the second the picture stopped working, and now my third one, one of the eye pieces is scrambled.

That being said, not all the games are bad. Wario Land is pretty damn good albeit a little short. Mario Clash isn't bad, but suffers from unclear distance. That's about all lol. I hope they do release them on the eshop, so people can remember those abominations.

However, Nintendo can't laugh at themselves. They'd rather pretend it didn't happen rather than say, oh we screwed up 20 years ago. Check it out!
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#22Prince ShondronaiPosted 3/16/2013 7:42:27 AM
I still love the Virtual Boy. I really enjoyed Red Alarm, Mario Clash, and Wario Land. Thought all of the other games on it were pretty neat, too.

I've got to repair one of the screens on mine, but I'll definitely still play it, if they never port the games to the 3DS.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#23Tsutarja495Posted 3/16/2013 7:49:01 AM
I can deal with the red and black graphics, the thing keeping me from enjoying it is the design of the system. I could never find a comfortable position to play it in.