So will future monster Hunter games be gimped...

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/15/2013 8:16:42 PM(edited)
Because of the 3DS? It's nice to have Cross console play. But I would be very sad if handhelds holdback console development of monster Hunter this entire generation.

I really want to see them take advantage of the wii u hardware with the next monster Hunter.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#2IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/15/2013 8:16:46 PM
Funny, I heard MH3U is the definitive version of the game. Nothing was held back at all. As for future MH games being held back? I somehow doubt that'll be the case.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3DTY3Posted 3/15/2013 8:18:02 PM
Ultimate seems to look good enough for me.

But who knows about MH4.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:18:47 PM
Of course it's been held back. Just look at the graphics... This was a 3DS game that they just happen to put on consoles. Sure it's the better version but only in marginal ways and not in the ways that consuls usually destroy handheld versions.
---
#5PendragoonPosted 3/15/2013 8:22:44 PM
What was the last Monster Hunter game made for a home console? Even with Monster Hunter 4 the graphics are barely better than a PS2 title.

Capcom has a winning formula and they don't have to break the bank building a better looking game as they have stuck with hardware that was in the same ballpark power wise and only brought HD remasters to consoles.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#6DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:30:27 PM
And the sad thing is that Capcom is a graphical powerhouse who has lots of talent. Look at resident evil and lost planet and it is evident that they could do an amazing job with e true HD monster Hunter. Hell Devil May cry four looks awesome And that was a long time ago. Dead rising was an amazingly impressive game as well.

I certainly hope that Capcom is going to realize we need to move beyond PS2 graphics for the series.
---
#7SoaringDivePosted 3/15/2013 8:35:09 PM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...
Just look at the graphics...

And here we have someone who shouldn't be playing Monster Hunter.

Nobody that likes MH cares. It's about the gameplay.

There's no point in making a console Monster Hunter (that isn't for an extremely popular console, such as PS2 and Wii). The audience is there on handhelds. The only way for MH to be popular enough to warrant the cost of making the game on modern consoles is for it to be stripped down and all about cutscenes and handholding.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/15/2013 8:35:50 PM
i agree i hope we get a true HD monster hunter this gen, still gonna spend hundreds of hours on 3U though lol
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#9PendragoonPosted 3/15/2013 8:35:50 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
And the sad thing is that Capcom is a graphical powerhouse who has lots of talent. Look at resident evil and lost planet and it is evident that they could do an amazing job with e true HD monster Hunter. Hell Devil May cry four looks awesome And that was a long time ago. Dead rising was an amazingly impressive game as well.

I certainly hope that Capcom is going to realize we need to move beyond PS2 graphics for the series.

Dragon's Dogma is Capcom's answer to a console Monster Hunter with graphics built for HD.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#10DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:37:30 PM
Quote:DesperateMonkey posted...
Just look at the graphics...

And here we have someone who shouldn't be playing Monster Hunter.

Nobody that likes MH cares. It's about the gameplay.

There's no point in making a console Monster Hunter (that isn't for an extremely popular console, such as PS2 and Wii). The audience is there on handhelds. The only way for MH to be popular enough to warrant the cost of making the game on modern consoles is for it to be stripped down and all about cutscenes and handholding.

@SoaringDive

I love it when ignorant people try to represent the monster Hunter demographic.
---