So will future monster Hunter games be gimped...

#11DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:41:01 PM
Quote:i agree i hope we get a true HD monster hunter this gen, still gonna spend hundreds of hours on 3U though lol
@FFXIgaiaknight

And it certainly still a big step up from handhelds and the Wii. I'm fine with monster Hunter three u, But I think if they release monster Hunter 4 it needs to be a real step up in graphics. We want to see the full glory of those monsters and our equipment.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#12P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/15/2013 8:46:43 PM(edited)
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vLDoxsealZk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvLDoxsealZk

Oh, and don't say "We". "We" are not you.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#13NerdstickPosted 3/15/2013 8:54:33 PM
Rather than porting the game for cross-platform multiplayer they should just make a dedicated console version that fully utilizes its capabilities. Being a 3DS port definitely held 3U back.
#14SocranPosted 3/15/2013 9:14:55 PM(edited)
Graphics are what hold games back today. Making the same game with better graphics would increase the budget severalfold. That means they can't even justify making the game unless they're guaranteed several million sales. Since Monster Hunter is not a mainstream series in the west that gets several million sales on a regular basis, they wouldn't be able to justify making the game at all. Look at what Capcom's already done to Devil May Cry and Resident Evil in an attempt to increase sales for higher budget games.

Seriously. The graphics are exactly as good as they need to be.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#15Chaos_KreaturePosted 3/15/2013 11:02:03 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
What was the last Monster Hunter game made for a home console?

Monster Hunter Tri wasn't on a home console?
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#16Chaos_KreaturePosted 3/15/2013 11:11:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:38:01 AM(edited)
Quote:Graphics are what hold games back today. Making the same game with better graphics would increase the budget severalfold. That means they can't even justify making the game unless they're guaranteed several million sales. Since Monster Hunter is not a mainstream series in the west that gets several million sales on a regular basis, they wouldn't be able to justify making the game at all. Look at what Capcom's already done to Devil May Cry and Resident Evil in an attempt to increase sales for higher budget games.

Seriously. The graphics are exactly as good as they need to be.

@Socran

Are you joking? Neither lost planet or dead rising sold nearly as much as monster Hunter 3. Please take your hipster graphics arguments elsewhere.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10