Does Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love play on the Wii U?

#1wolf_blitzer85Posted 3/16/2013 4:59:59 AM
Here is the board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960103-sakura-wars-so-long-my-love
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/16/2013 5:15:28 AM
Yes. Graphics are kinda horrible though, since it's originally a PS2 game blown to 1080p. Coincidentially (or not?), I'm the guy who uploaded the save file on this site.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 6:28:23 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Yes. Graphics are kinda horrible though, since it's originally a PS2 game blown to 1080p. Coincidentially (or not?), I'm the guy who uploaded the save file on this site.

does it look the same or worse than on a Wii U?
And what resolution of TV do you have?
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/16/2013 6:48:49 AM
I believe the resolution on my tv is 1920x1080, so Full HD. If played on a Wii, it looks alright, but it's pretty dated; remember the original came out on PS2 in 2005 and the Wii version is a straight port. On the Wii, the resolution is 480p provided you're using component cables; on the Wii U, it runs at 1080p without upscaling, so while models and textures look sharper, they have jaggier edges and stuff that already looked bad originally will look even worse, e.g. some low-res 2D backgrounds, of which you'll even be able to see the lines where different images are connected to each other. It shouldn't bother you that much though, as it overall looks better.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5NewportBox100sPosted 3/16/2013 7:12:32 AM
I own this rare gem on PS2 .
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/2dszfc.jpg
twitter.com/ChaseBurr
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/16/2013 7:15:50 AM(edited)
NewportBox100s posted...
I own this rare gem on PS2 .

Here in Europe, only the Wii port was released and it was also stupidly hard to find. Glad I got it though, turns out I'm the only person in the world who's uploaded a 100% complete Wii savefile (or a savefile in general, actually) for this game. :P
---