Everyone wants a PS4 and is ignoring the Wii U

#1Beatperson14Posted 3/16/2013 12:10:30 PM
Has anyone else noticed this? Out of my ~three gaming friends not one of them has a U, and one is a self-proclaimed Nintendo fanboy. I'm not even kidding, he just bought Virtual Bart for the SNES (he says it could be better, I wouldn't know). Even HE said the PS4 looks awesome after the Watch Dogs demo and said he'd 'have to get one.' Of course all the friends who paid Nintendo no mind before are doing the same and praising the PS4.

How many people do you know IRL who own a U?
#2Fusion916Posted 3/16/2013 12:18:03 PM
I dont know anyone who actually owns a wii u
---
PSN: Fusion916
#3Kaiser_GiygasPosted 3/16/2013 12:19:03 PM
Just myself, the wii u is too expensive in my country and people cant afford it. But theres is interest in having one, btw watch dogs havent impressed me that much, its not even running on the actual console.
#4Tortus2Posted 3/16/2013 12:20:18 PM
One of my friends has one, as do I. I know a few others who want to buy one later on. Mainly for Smash Bros. though.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#5dancing_cactuarPosted 3/16/2013 12:20:39 PM
If your Nintendo fanboy friend kept up with the news, he'd know Watch Dogs was also on Wii U.
#6Starwars4JPosted 3/16/2013 12:21:26 PM
Wow, out of all three of your friend? Impressive sample size :) And I'm not sure what a "virtual bart demo for the SNES" is, but feel free to tell your "friend" that watch dogs is multiplat with the Wii U as well haha

Personally I've seen the PS4 get a lot of hate, especially here on Gamefaqs. But hey, maybe Sony will change the path they've been on for the last decade
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7Jaime_BennPosted 3/16/2013 12:22:09 PM
Friends pretty much buy Nintendo and PC. My brother in law was planning to buy a PS4 before it was even announced. I pretty much moved to PC and buy Nintendo consoles to buy Nintendo games. PS3 is a blu-ray player now.
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#8Virus66Posted 3/16/2013 12:23:31 PM
Everyone I know kinda just shrugs off the PS4 right now. But they also do the same for the Wii U. They content with the consoles they have right now. That really does seem to be a prevalent matter where a LOT of people have no interest in upgrading at the moment.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#9LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/16/2013 12:27:21 PM(edited)
I know one person who wants a PS4, and several who own a Wii U.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#10TrueBlue91Posted 3/16/2013 12:28:55 PM
Virus66 posted...
Everyone I know kinda just shrugs off the PS4 right now. But they also do the same for the Wii U. They content with the consoles they have right now. That really does seem to be a prevalent matter where a LOT of people have no interest in upgrading at the moment.

Have to agree with this. A huge amount of people simply don't want to upgrade, and won't, at least not for a long time. I don't think the next gen is going to be all that successful overall. It certainly won't continue the growth trends it's enjoyed in previous gens.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me