Everyone wants a PS4 and is ignoring the Wii U

#121VanderZooPosted 3/17/2013 12:47:35 AM
With the exception of the Wii in the early years, PS consoles have always been a lot more popular than Nintendo's, this isn't a new thing. Again the only exception was the Wii. But even the Wii's popularity fizzled dramatically over the past few years while the PS3 is still selling strong.
#122GoombaXPosted 3/17/2013 12:56:20 AM
VanderZoo posted...
With the exception of the Wii in the early years, PS consoles have always been a lot more popular than Nintendo's, this isn't a new thing. Again the only exception was the Wii. But even the Wii's popularity fizzled dramatically over the past few years while the PS3 is still selling strong.

actually the gamecube was more powerful than the ps2
the n64 and ps were pretty much on par but the fact that nintendo wasnt using disc's held the system back.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#123darkness1018Posted 3/17/2013 1:29:11 AM
I own a WiiU (which is collecting dust until Lego City is out) and none of my firends who play games (and its ALOT of them...lol) want one for themselves. My best friend wants to buy one for his son but not now. However we are all waiting for GS to start taking reserves on the PS4. Im also the only one with a 3DS :( as they all have Vita's.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#124Arn544Posted 3/17/2013 1:36:43 AM
GoombaX posted...

no the wii was

Wii sold less than the ps1, Wii is like in the upper 90 millions
Ps1 was over 100 million and the ps2 was about 150 million.

and @ 2 posts above he said popular not powerful

Although that doesn't take everything into account, the gamecube had more raw power but smaller discs therefor there were many games for it that got watered down or simply couldn't be ported.

Kind how like the blu ray advantage ps3 had over 360. With FF13 they had to put the 360 version on 3 discs, use 720p cutscenes instead of 1080p, and they had to lower the resolution. But the ps3 version went all on 1 disc and wasn't scaled down.
#125P00DGEPosted 3/17/2013 2:40:02 AM
VanderZoo posted...

The N64 and PS1 were pretty on par in terms of popularity tbqh. The PS2 is when Sony saw a significant leap forward in popularity.
#126Arn544Posted 3/17/2013 2:54:29 AM
P00DGE posted...
VanderZoo posted...

The N64 and PS1 were pretty on par in terms of popularity tbqh. The PS2 is when Sony saw a significant leap forward in popularity.

Not to beat this to death but 3x as many ps1s sold than N64s, that's not really close
#127JBirdMusicLoverPosted 3/17/2013 3:09:06 AM
Me it's just me, but I don't know anybody that wants a Wii U or a PS4

I'd be perfectly happy if they'd squeeze a couple more years out of this generation
#128jing0000Posted 3/17/2013 3:12:17 AM
I know one person who is determined to get a new xbox when the come out.. a few interested in the PS4. and can't think of anyone interested in the Wii U..that said I will be getting all three like normal..eventually.
---
none
#129excitebike64Posted 3/17/2013 6:21:32 AM
Arn544 posted...
GoombaX posted...

no the wii was

Wii sold less than the ps1, Wii is like in the upper 90 millions
Ps1 was over 100 million and the ps2 was about 150 million.

and @ 2 posts above he said popular not powerful

Although that doesn't take everything into account, the gamecube had more raw power but smaller discs therefor there were many games for it that got watered down or simply couldn't be ported.

Kind how like the blu ray advantage ps3 had over 360. With FF13 they had to put the 360 version on 3 discs, use 720p cutscenes instead of 1080p, and they had to lower the resolution. But the ps3 version went all on 1 disc and wasn't scaled down.

For now, sony's got the top two spots. WIi might outsell the PS1, however. I can see 100 million Wiis. I'm not sure how many WIi Minis will sell after that, but they sound dirt cheap. That may help.
#130Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:18:11 AM
jing0000 posted...
I know one person who is determined to get a new xbox when the come out.. a few interested in the PS4. and can't think of anyone interested in the Wii U..that said I will be getting all three like normal..eventually.

I might get all three if I find a RIDICULOUSLY cheap U. Like 100-150$.

Oh, good news! I got to play on a U for about ten seconds. It only had vids but the pad definitely felt as flimsy as described. Touch screen actually responded OK