What do you want from a new Metroid U game?

#91VideoGamer1990Posted 3/17/2013 5:22:15 PM
For the 3DS, I would've said a 2D Metroid Hunters expanding upon Kirby Amazing Mirror/Castlevania Harmony of Despair with a touch of Demons Souls and the atmosphere+exploration of Super Metroid/Metroid Prime. Basically, play as a number of hunters including Samus on a very big explorable planet, finding new areas and secret passages, while being able to encounter, fight, or even fight alongside other hunters while exploring.

However, for the Wii U, I don't exactly have any real thoughts, although I would like to see another 2D Metroid, whether it'd be 2D or 2.5D. Would also like to see Nintendo try like a Co-op multiplayer thing with it, whether it'd be one player on the TV and a second player on the Gamepad exploring different areas at the same time or something like Galaxy 2/NSMBU with the second player helping the first player. Oh, and would like to see plenty of exploring.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 52
#92gilgamesh21Posted 3/17/2013 5:23:58 PM
One that follows the original Metroid philosophy that the story is told to the player by what is happening around Samus, in the action and environment, not by Samus herself.

Like Metroid, Metroid II, and Super Metroid, and the Prime series. Basically the story behind what is happening to Samus is implicit and may very well be up for interpretation. Like most Nintendo games, it's about the gameplay, explicit storytelling just starts getting in the way of the fun gameplay.

The more detailed you make the story, the more divisive it becomes, and Nintendo wants as many people as possible to enjoy their games. It's all about the gameplay.

Metroid is about exploration and action while feeling great isolation in a huge environment yet feeling "safe" and "protected" in your power suit.
#93ADHDguitarPosted 3/17/2013 5:24:57 PM
Lots of motion controls.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#94marioman87Posted 3/17/2013 7:15:33 PM
- no 1st person view
- no random planet you have to explore to recover your power-ups
- voice acting like in Other M
- Other M-style gameplay
- Other M-style cinematic cutscenes
- sequel to Metroid Fusion
- seeing Samus as a child and growing up with the Chozo

You can't be serious.
---
Dear spambots: here's my email, give me spam! spamitupyeah@gmail.com
#95CrashTheChevyPosted 3/17/2013 9:26:21 PM
How about a game that is 3d on the tv and 2d on the gamepad? Same game but different camera angles. I'd prob only play it on the gamepad but it's an interesting concept and something other developers could try too.

Other than that, how about a little less story and scanning. I just want an old school Metroid. Put it out on the eshop for $20 and watch the fanboys gobble it up.
---
Gamertag - JRDad; PSN - JRDad82; Wii - JRDad - 6160-1469-5148-2995
MKDS: JRDad- Friend Code:077374-952120
#96Absolutezero93Posted 3/17/2013 9:39:41 PM
I just want a Metroid game that isn't complete s*** like Other M (garbage game).
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#97tigg06Posted 3/17/2013 9:40:02 PM
I would want it to kinda go back to the nes/snes roots. I personally didn't care for metroid in fps format. Love the original and Super Metroid, and thought other M had some great potential but just didn't live up to them.
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#98abbyhitterPosted 3/17/2013 10:12:38 PM
marioman87 posted...
- no 1st person view
- no random planet you have to explore to recover your power-ups
- voice acting like in Other M
- Other M-style gameplay
- Other M-style cinematic cutscenes
- sequel to Metroid Fusion
- seeing Samus as a child and growing up with the Chozo

You can't be serious.

I want to explore a huge space ship like the Bottle Ship in Other M.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#99genius14Posted 3/17/2013 10:17:01 PM
zender1999 posted...
Traptin3days posted...
zender1999 posted...
i would love a new character, maybe a male or a cyborg, enough of samus
make it interesting

Why enough of Samus? O.o

expand the world, it needs freshness,it has been samus since the 80', the game is called metroid not samus
i want a new main character in the metroid world add some eternal darkness in it....

no...just leave...

Anyway, I think the Wii U pad would be good for scanning and looking at the map/menu. That's about all I can think of.

I would also like first person to return, just like the primes. The different types of beams and switching between them would be nice too.
---
SSBB-0603-5794-4363 GT: I Master Ace I
You can't explain that. http://tinyurl.com/8yl348p http://oi50.tinypic.com/zj9jd3.jpg
#100strongo9Posted 3/17/2013 10:26:11 PM
Because I want the 3DS to get a new 2D Metroid game (Metroid V), I would like a new Metroid game on the Wii U to be Metroid Prime 4.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m