Wished Ni No Kuni was on the Wii U for off screen play.

#1Jaime_BennPosted 3/16/2013 11:31:55 AM
Mainly, because I want to play it when I poop. Think I'm almost done with the game and would say it's a 7.5/10. Xenoblade is better.
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#2Petey_MeanisPosted 3/16/2013 11:35:55 AM
Game Informer only gave it 7 out of 10 so it's a crappy game.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#3Jaime_Benn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:41:06 AM
I pretty much regret that I picked Ni No Kuni over Metal Gear Rising. I had enough Amazon credit to get a game for free and NNK was $50 instead of $60. So, I picked up NNK and Sound City soundtrack and they were both disappointments.
---
#4IokuaPosted 3/16/2013 11:56:00 AM
I'd give Ni No Kuni a four were I to bother rating it. It's slow, plodding, the voice acting, contrary to popular opinion, is godawful and it's nowhere near as pretty as people make it out to be. Apparently in this day and age every single person you meet in the game having a different accent, regardless of whether or not they're from the same family and live in the same town, and a bunch of very simple models with a complete lack of complex texturing (or whatever you call cell shaded texture) on screen at the same time is what we view as good graphics today and good voice acting. Ni No Kuni would have been ignored back when JRPGs were actually good, it's just a sign of how far the genre has fallen in the past seven years.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#5Jaime_Benn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:05:05 PM
Voice acting really didn't bother me. The script is pretty terrible enough that I should make a drinking game out of it every time I play the game to advance the story. Take a shot every time there is a terrible pun and take a shot every time Oliver says Jeepers/Neat-O(not after battles lol)

After I beat the game, I don't see myself playing the game again. So, I'll try to finish it this weekend, and look to sell it. Familiar collecting is stupid because how to actually capture the guys is stupid.
---
#6ADHDguitarPosted 3/16/2013 12:08:05 PM
I give it a 9/10.

My only gripe is the obnoxious tutorials and hand-holding.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#7PendragoonPosted 3/16/2013 2:39:06 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
I give it a 9/10.

My only gripe is the obnoxious tutorials and hand-holding.

Yeah, the hand holding was a bit much early on. And the story doesn't pick up until you finally go after Shadar, when every plot point is suddenly thrown at you after 20+ hours of teasing.

The actual twists are pretty good though, if not predictable.

Still my favorite game released this year, the Ghibli charm was in full force and the combat was very solid, if only the story was paced a little better...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#8JulesNeciPosted 3/16/2013 2:42:04 PM
I think if you have homebrew CFW on your PS3 you should be able to play it on your Vita. I'd love to see all the amazing graphics on that OLED screen. However, I'm not so sure about screwing up my PS3 just for remote play though.
I'd love to see Ni No Kuni 2 be a multiplat for the PS4 and Wii U.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3).
#9Bancario51Posted 3/16/2013 2:47:20 PM
Get a PS4 and Vita. Problem solved. It would be hypocrisy if you said its a waste of money, you already got yourself a WIi U
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#10mini_blightPosted 3/16/2013 3:07:32 PM
JulesNeci posted...

I'd love to see Ni No Kuni 2 be a multiplat for the PS4 and Wii U.

If it was, then maybe it would have had a chance to chart in the NPD's top ten.