Why retailers are slashing Wii U prices

#61Baha05Posted 3/17/2013 12:23:46 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Nintendo historically does badly in home console sales.

NES 62 mil
SNES 50 mil
N64 33 mil
GC 22 mil
Wii 99 mil

Whereas Sony...
PS1 104 mil
PS2 153 mil
PS3 70 mil (and sales won't be ending anytime soon)

Retailers aren't like some fanboys where they look at just Wii and think it's gonna continue like that. Sony is a consistent performer and it's on the shelves for a long time.

Well except aside from the N64 and GC they really don't do all that bad. Besides we also have Microsoft too. So there isn't really much of a standard even for sales numbers because all consoles have pretty damn random sales numbers anyhow.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#62uneedtowakeupPosted 3/17/2013 12:28:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#63Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 2:44:35 AM
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

NES 62 mil
SNES 50 mil
N64 33 mil
GC 22 mil
Wii 99 mil

Whereas Sony...
PS1 104 mil
PS2 153 mil

Retailers aren't like some fanboys where they look at just Wii and think it's gonna continue like that. Sony is a consistent performer and it's on the shelves for a long time.

Well except aside from the N64 and GC they really don't do all that bad. Besides we also have Microsoft too. So there isn't really much of a standard even for sales numbers because all consoles have pretty damn random sales numbers anyhow.

Nintendo's home console sales to date equal about 266 million total units.

Sony home consoles....about 327 million total units.

How's that for random sales numbers?
Sony sold more consoles in far less time.

When you strip away the fanboy and look at the numbers, Sony comes out in front.
#64Nophoria88Posted 3/17/2013 3:07:55 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

NES 62 mil
SNES 50 mil
N64 33 mil
GC 22 mil
Wii 99 mil

Whereas Sony...
PS1 104 mil
PS2 153 mil

When you strip away the fanboy and look at the numbers, Sony comes out in front.

Sales and profit are different and Nintendo wins in that department, Sony and Microsoft are in financial trouble compared to Nintendo unfortunately for them. I don't know why you call people who like their system of choice fanboys, you like provoking people? Or are we just telling it how it is?
#65Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 3:14:46 AM
Nophoria88 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

NES 62 mil
SNES 50 mil
N64 33 mil
GC 22 mil
Wii 99 mil

Whereas Sony...
PS1 104 mil
PS2 153 mil

Sales and profit are different and Nintendo wins in that department, Sony and Microsoft are in financial trouble compared to Nintendo unfortunately for them. I don't know why you call people who like their system of choice fanboys, you like provoking people? Or are we just telling it how it is?

Retailers don't give two squats about Sony or Nintendo profits. All they see is their own, and Sony home consoles stay on the shelf longer and sell better.

You should read the whole exchange before trying to jump in the middle of it. We weren't discussing profitability for Sony or MS. So you look kind of silly trying to jump in like that.

You seem to have some extra special problem with the word fanboy.
#66Nophoria88Posted 3/17/2013 3:41:34 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Nophoria88 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

NES 62 mil
SNES 50 mil
N64 33 mil
GC 22 mil
Wii 99 mil

Whereas Sony...
PS1 104 mil
PS2 153 mil

Retailers don't give two squats about Sony or Nintendo profits. All they see is their own, and Sony home consoles stay on the shelf longer and sell better.

You should read the whole exchange before trying to jump in the middle of it. We weren't discussing profitability for Sony or MS. So you look kind of silly trying to jump in like that.

You seem to have some extra special problem with the word fanboy.

You spoke about Sony coming out in front, what you were implying spoke for itself, to put Sony on a pedestal by saying it wins in a specific category. Parading sales numbers of victory for Sony on a board about the Wii U.

You seem to have a bias against Nintendo, so what you're even doing here besides using your own free will is a wonder. I have no problem with the term fanboy (as much as I see people who feel the need to label others to degrade them), you're the one who enjoys using it , but I see you take the ignorant road on that one while avoiding the question, so be it.
#67Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 4:42:11 AM
Nophoria88 posted...
You spoke about Sony coming out in front, what you were implying spoke for itself, to put Sony on a pedestal by saying it wins in a specific category. Parading sales numbers of victory for Sony on a board about the Wii U.

You seem to have a bias against Nintendo, so what you're even doing here besides using your own free will is a wonder. I have no problem with the term fanboy (as much as I see people who feel the need to label others to degrade them), you're the one who enjoys using it , but I see you take the ignorant road on that one while avoiding the question, so be it.

Yes, coming out in front in total number of home console sales. There was no implication, I straight up said Sony is doing better in that respect and proved it with simple addition.

Yup, free will is a ***** isn't it?

If you didn't have a problem with the term fanboy, then you wouldn't have brought it up.

Your question had nothing to do with the topic, I'm free to ignore that.
#68Nophoria88Posted 3/17/2013 5:01:21 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Nophoria88 posted...

Yes, coming out in front in total number of home console sales. There was no implication, I straight up said Sony is doing better in that respect and proved it with simple addition.

If you didn't have a problem with the term fanboy, then you wouldn't have brought it up.

Earlier you said "When you strip away the fanboy and look at the numbers, Sony comes out in front." so it went from Sony is better to Sony is better in that respect. You decided to correct yourself, so no harm done. I've already said my peace about people who use the term fanboy, if you choose to ignore it that's your choice. I don't know who you're trying to fool by ignoring what I said on that topic though.

Also since you continue imply something with the fanboy comments, I think Sony offers the best service, it's the way you speak about others and the way you present your arguments I disagree with.

I don't think talk about Sony has much to do with things on this board, it serves no purpose in the end and only causes arguments to people trying to enjoy the console specific to this board.
#69Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 5:21:33 AM
Nophoria88 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Nophoria88 posted...

Earlier you said "When you strip away the fanboy and look at the numbers, Sony comes out in front." so it went from Sony is better to Sony is better in that respect. You decided to correct yourself, so no harm done. I've already said my peace about people who use the term fanboy, if you choose to ignore it that's your choice. I don't know who you're trying to fool by ignoring what I said on that topic though.

Also since you continue imply something with the fanboy comments, I think Sony offers the best service, it's the way you speak about others and the way you present your arguments I disagree with.

I don't think talk about Sony has much to do with things on this board, it serves no purpose in the end and only causes arguments to people trying to enjoy the console specific to this board.

I was responding to Baha05 bringing up the Vita.

So feel free to save your lecture about bringing up Sony on these boards for him.
#70cantdoit2Posted 3/17/2013 5:53:06 AM
Because it is selling poorly and no one wants to buy it, hehe.