Should Nintendo offer one 30 cent virual console game every month?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should Nintendo offer one 30 cent virual console game every month?
3 years ago#1
I feel as though Nintendo could get away with offering just one virtual console game every month for 30 cents... I mean it certainly can't hurt for them to do that with one game every month with the thousands of games they can choose from.
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
3 years ago#2
I'd certainly buy them if they did. Even if the game isn't something that would appeal to me, it's worth the purchase. I try and get an hour of gameplay for every 1 I spend on a game, so I only need to play a VC game for about 20 minutes to get my equivalent value from it.

Besides, I pay more for iOS games that don't get nearly as much love as some older games would get.
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
3 years ago#3
Ummm yeah they should or at least half off a VC each month.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
3 years ago#4
That would be awesome if they did!
3 years ago#5
I just wish they did more VC sales. Hopefully the Wii U VC will be up and running soon and have every game up and running that same day. Then they can offer various games on sale every week. (like a Square Enix week, all games by SE are half off)
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
3 years ago#6
I mean, I bought Balloon Fighter, a game I never really cared much about... but because it was 30 cents I was like sure why not.
3 years ago#7
I started gaming on a PC over summer and after nearly a year of using Steam, Nintendo's VC prices certainly make it hard to justify a purchase. It sounds like it is going to be a very long time before the Wii U has a decent VC line-up, but in the meantime it would be nice to see some good deals. And once it's up and running, one deal a month sounds like a cruel joke to me. Weekly deals at least, and if the Wii U ends up with as many VC games as the Wii, daily deals shouldn't be out of the question.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
3 years ago#8
SlimeSwayze posted...
I started gaming on a PC over summer and after nearly a year of using Steam, Nintendo's VC prices certainly make it hard to justify a purchase. It sounds like it is going to be a very long time before the Wii U has a decent VC line-up, but in the meantime it would be nice to see some good deals. And once it's up and running, one deal a month sounds like a cruel joke to me. Weekly deals at least, and if the Wii U ends up with as many VC games as the Wii, daily deals shouldn't be out of the question.

I also look at what Sony offers with Playstation Plus... all the deals, discounts and freebies are insane (they offer full games for free!)
3 years ago#9
Speaking of, what games are being 30 cents in which months again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
3 years ago#10
Good idea. Sadly, almost an impossible one with Nintendo involved. Maybe a buy certain game and register it, get a discount on a U eShop game. That's a tough maybe though. We can hope they do something to raise interest in the Wii U for more than the diehards.
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should Nintendo offer one 30 cent virual console game every month?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived