Should Nintendo offer one 30 cent virual console game every month?

#1ExodecaiPosted 3/16/2013 4:29:15 PM
I feel as though Nintendo could get away with offering just one virtual console game every month for 30 cents... I mean it certainly can't hurt for them to do that with one game every month with the thousands of games they can choose from.
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#2digiblasterPosted 3/16/2013 4:30:41 PM
I'd certainly buy them if they did. Even if the game isn't something that would appeal to me, it's worth the purchase. I try and get an hour of gameplay for every 1 I spend on a game, so I only need to play a VC game for about 20 minutes to get my equivalent value from it.

Besides, I pay more for iOS games that don't get nearly as much love as some older games would get.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#3Baha05Posted 3/16/2013 4:31:50 PM
Ummm yeah they should or at least half off a VC each month.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4lowuwPosted 3/16/2013 4:32:30 PM
That would be awesome if they did!
#5PendragoonPosted 3/16/2013 4:33:35 PM
I just wish they did more VC sales. Hopefully the Wii U VC will be up and running soon and have every game up and running that same day. Then they can offer various games on sale every week. (like a Square Enix week, all games by SE are half off)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#6Exodecai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:35:52 PM
I mean, I bought Balloon Fighter, a game I never really cared much about... but because it was 30 cents I was like sure why not.
---
#7SlimeSwayzePosted 3/16/2013 4:40:04 PM
I started gaming on a PC over summer and after nearly a year of using Steam, Nintendo's VC prices certainly make it hard to justify a purchase. It sounds like it is going to be a very long time before the Wii U has a decent VC line-up, but in the meantime it would be nice to see some good deals. And once it's up and running, one deal a month sounds like a cruel joke to me. Weekly deals at least, and if the Wii U ends up with as many VC games as the Wii, daily deals shouldn't be out of the question.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#8Exodecai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:44:29 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I started gaming on a PC over summer and after nearly a year of using Steam, Nintendo's VC prices certainly make it hard to justify a purchase. It sounds like it is going to be a very long time before the Wii U has a decent VC line-up, but in the meantime it would be nice to see some good deals. And once it's up and running, one deal a month sounds like a cruel joke to me. Weekly deals at least, and if the Wii U ends up with as many VC games as the Wii, daily deals shouldn't be out of the question.

I also look at what Sony offers with Playstation Plus... all the deals, discounts and freebies are insane (they offer full games for free!)
---
#9SoeroahPosted 3/16/2013 9:02:35 PM
Speaking of, what games are being 30 cents in which months again?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/16/2013 9:11:54 PM
Good idea. Sadly, almost an impossible one with Nintendo involved. Maybe a buy certain game and register it, get a discount on a U eShop game. That's a tough maybe though. We can hope they do something to raise interest in the Wii U for more than the diehards.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.