Should Nintendo offer one 30 cent virual console game every month?

#11Exodecai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:50:23 PM
Soeroah posted...
Speaking of, what games are being 30 cents in which months again?

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/virtual-console/
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#12Xenesis XenonPosted 3/16/2013 11:56:27 PM
Well, I certainly know if the VC games were more attractively priced I'd buy a bunch more than I currently do.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#13digiblasterPosted 3/17/2013 3:02:16 AM
Exodecai posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
I started gaming on a PC over summer and after nearly a year of using Steam, Nintendo's VC prices certainly make it hard to justify a purchase. It sounds like it is going to be a very long time before the Wii U has a decent VC line-up, but in the meantime it would be nice to see some good deals. And once it's up and running, one deal a month sounds like a cruel joke to me. Weekly deals at least, and if the Wii U ends up with as many VC games as the Wii, daily deals shouldn't be out of the question.

I also look at what Sony offers with Playstation Plus... all the deals, discounts and freebies are insane (they offer full games for free!)

Except it's not 'free' is it? As far as I know you have to pay a subscription fee for Playstation Plus, which means those 'free' games certainly aren't free.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#14SoeroahPosted 3/17/2013 3:19:14 AM
Exodecai posted...
Soeroah posted...
Speaking of, what games are being 30 cents in which months again?

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/virtual-console/

Thanking you.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#15Exodecai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:06:42 PM
digiblaster posted...
Exodecai posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
I started gaming on a PC over summer and after nearly a year of using Steam, Nintendo's VC prices certainly make it hard to justify a purchase. It sounds like it is going to be a very long time before the Wii U has a decent VC line-up, but in the meantime it would be nice to see some good deals. And once it's up and running, one deal a month sounds like a cruel joke to me. Weekly deals at least, and if the Wii U ends up with as many VC games as the Wii, daily deals shouldn't be out of the question.

I also look at what Sony offers with Playstation Plus... all the deals, discounts and freebies are insane (they offer full games for free!)

Except it's not 'free' is it? As far as I know you have to pay a subscription fee for Playstation Plus, which means those 'free' games certainly aren't free.

It's a $50 for a one year subscription, but with the crazy amount of discounts and freebies they give it almost pays for itself. Getting PSN, Full Games and Classics for free per month, I'm in love with it haha.

Although even without the playstation plus service, they do give out some nice discounts weekly I believe (I could be wrong on the weekly part but it does seem often)
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#16mjc0961Posted 3/17/2013 5:09:36 PM
Exodecai posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E

Because, you know, I pay so much to use Steam and Nintendo Network that comparing them to Sony's rental service that doesn't actually give you s*** for free totally makes sense.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#17nickvd8Posted 3/17/2013 5:13:14 PM
It would be cool if it was a permanent thing. Even a $1 game each month would be cool. Maybe they'll do some promotions in the future, they've been doing a pretty good job with sales so far with the Eshop. They've had sales for lots of their downloadable games like Mighty Switch Force, Trine 2 and Little Inferno already.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#18Maxx_the_SlashPosted 3/17/2013 5:19:19 PM
1 30 cent game per month? I wouldn't think they should have to, but this year is the 30th anniversary of the Famicom, so I don't see why they have to stop the 30 cent offers in July instead of going the entire year. Why the hell are they stopping with July?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#19PendragoonPosted 3/17/2013 5:23:25 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
1 30 cent game per month? I wouldn't think they should have to, but this year is the 30th anniversary of the Famicom, so I don't see why they have to stop the 30 cent offers in July instead of going the entire year. Why the hell are they stopping with July?

Because the full VC will be up and running by then and they don't want to plan too far ahead.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709