Not sure whether to get a Wii U

#1bksonic123Posted 3/16/2013 4:36:06 PM
I apologise if this is not the correct place to post this.

I'm contemplating getting a Wii U as I have bought all of the main Nintendo consoles since the SNES (and main Sony consoles, but I digress).

However, there aren't many games which interest me right now. The only games which I am interested in are Super Mario Bros. U, LEGO City and Nintendoland.

On the other hand, I know for sure that there will be some awesome games in the future (Smash bros. U, Zelda, main Mario title, etc.)

My question is: should I get a Wii U now and at least try some of the games which are out now, or wait for the latter games to come out. Thanks.
---
#2Baha05Posted 3/16/2013 4:36:59 PM
Ummm honestly I think maybe wait unless you do research on the current games out now.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/16/2013 4:38:48 PM
If you're not sure, then wait. Nothing says you have to choose between getting a Wii U now and not getting one ever.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4StealthTifaPosted 3/16/2013 4:41:15 PM
Wait till the real next gen mate.
---
GamerTag = Stealth David (Friends Request with no message = Decline)
#5Baha05Posted 3/16/2013 4:55:54 PM
StealthTifa posted...

Wii U is Next Gen
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6picanoPosted 3/16/2013 4:56:06 PM
Wait. There is no point in buying a console if you don't have games to play on it.

I got mine at launch because I knew I'd enjoy the games that were out / coming out soon. If the same doesn't apply to you, don't; it's simple as that.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#7bksonic123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:02:25 PM
picano posted...
Wait. There is no point in buying a console if you don't have games to play on it.

I got mine at launch because I knew I'd enjoy the games that were out / coming out soon. If the same doesn't apply to you, don't; it's simple as that.

There's a good sale in my local store and since it's inevitable that I'll get one, I'm just not sure if that time is now. Also, I don't want to risk buying a system which may have a hardware fault one or two years down the line (my old PS3 had the YLOD 3 years after I got it).
---
#8DelsinRowePosted 3/16/2013 5:02:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
StealthTifa posted...

Wii U is Next Gen

Ok I'll reword for him.
Wait till more powerful consoles come out in only half a year mate.
---
You are not in control.
#9fueled-systemPosted 3/16/2013 5:03:35 PM
If you are American get it on Black Friday
#10GameKing59Posted 3/16/2013 5:54:35 PM
I'm for helping out the sales of the Wii U as much as possible. As for games. Well, right now, the Wii U has the games you mentioned, along with...

1.Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
2.The Amazing Spider-Man.
3.Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
4.Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
5.Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper.

And the current up-and-coming games are...

1.Need For Speed Most Wanted.
2.Injustice Gods Among Us.
3.Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Of course, it's entirely up to you.