audio lag between gamepad and tv.

#1IntranPosted 3/16/2013 6:17:28 PM
Originally had a 42 inch, worked fine audio wise. Just got a 60 inch and now the audio between my pad and my tv are off by a second. Tried switching audio options around on both the pad and my tv and not seems to work. Both my system and my tv are up to date as far as I can tell.

Anyone else experience this? If it helps it's the 60 inch Vizio LED.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#2Virus66Posted 3/16/2013 6:22:19 PM
It's pretty standard to have audio lag with HDTVs... and it's even worse if you use surround sound. Playing any rhythm games is a gigantic pain in the ass with HDTVs
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 3/16/2013 6:28:26 PM
If your new TV has a "game mode", use it. It typically bypasses all of the video processing built into the TV and is designed to reduce lag. *note, not the "game" video setting (like sports, cinema, etc) but the game mode usually found deeper in the settings menu.
#4SMT_MasochistPosted 3/16/2013 11:05:46 PM
Yep. Gamepad is always a split second faster. Have to turn it off when I'm on YouTube.
---
Games: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#5Intran(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:51:02 AM
Thanks for the replies. I did forget I had a deeper setting for game mode...on/off. I will check that on for all my systems. It's just so weird that my older Vizio had zero lag. On anything. But then out of no where lags with the new Vizio.

Thanks again.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#6Intran(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:31:05 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
If your new TV has a "game mode", use it. It typically bypasses all of the video processing built into the TV and is designed to reduce lag. *note, not the "game" video setting (like sports, cinema, etc) but the game mode usually found deeper in the settings menu.

Put game mode on, didn't work. And all this right before lego city. Damn.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw