Did the Rayman team ever end up leaving Ubisoft?

#1Newbie00Posted 3/16/2013 8:54:01 PM
Or was it all talk to appease the pissed off Nintendo fanchildren?

Genuinely curious.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#2promo123Posted 3/16/2013 8:55:07 PM
If they do they certainly aren't going to do it yet, they're still working on Rayman.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#3nonexistingheroPosted 3/17/2013 2:06:44 AM
No, and I doubt they'll be doing it. They are giving some extra bonuses to Wii U owners though. There's some kind of challenge mode they're releasing for free one of these months (before the game's actual release). The developers weren't pleased at all with this decision though, they wanted it to release in February as well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4mjc0961Posted 3/17/2013 6:19:28 AM
promo123 posted...
If they do they certainly aren't going to do it yet, they're still working on Rayman.

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#5Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 3:03:17 PM
promo123 posted...

This makes no sense.

Departing from the company is an act of protest. Why continue working on the very project you take issue with?
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#6bartz90Posted 3/17/2013 3:22:32 PM
That would be a stupid thing to do. They take issue with the delay, not the project. What kind of idiot would leave over this? You want them to quit their jobs to show their support for whiny Nintendo fans?

They still work for the company, they just disagree with the delay for the Wii U. Disagreements happen, you don't quit your job over them.
---
-
#7toad133Posted 3/17/2013 3:41:23 PM
bartz90 posted...
That would be a stupid thing to do. They take issue with the delay, not the project. What kind of idiot would leave over this? You want them to quit their jobs to show their support for whiny Nintendo fans?

They still work for the company, they just disagree with the delay for the Wii U. Disagreements happen, you don't quit your job over them.

I think it's more the face Ubisoft gave complete disrespect towards the dev team and their passion. They worked tirelessly to get a project they were excited about ready for the release date, and then they get told it's not going to happen; if anything, they have to spend time now porting it to PS3 and 360 too. One of the dev team members even mentioned how none of them had seen their families much due to working on Legends so much, and now they'd been told unexpectedly that the game is just going to sit tight despite being done for Wii U. This is far from a disagreement. More like outright spitting on their workers and what they've done for you.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#8bartz90Posted 3/17/2013 3:49:11 PM
toad133 posted...
bartz90 posted...

I think it's more the face Ubisoft gave complete disrespect towards the dev team and their passion. They worked tirelessly to get a project they were excited about ready for the release date, and then they get told it's not going to happen; if anything, they have to spend time now porting it to PS3 and 360 too. One of the dev team members even mentioned how none of them had seen their families much due to working on Legends so much, and now they'd been told unexpectedly that the game is just going to sit tight despite being done for Wii U. This is far from a disagreement. More like outright spitting on their workers and what they've done for you.

But it's business. Many developers work like this; under tight deadlines and demanding publishers it isn't an easy industry. I am not saying it was a nice move or they had no right to be upset. This sort of thing happens in business all the time.

I don't think it's fair but only a child would say; well you guys should just quit to spite them. That will show them.

An adult can't just quit because they got screwed by the higher ups. If its a really bad ethical issue you can not live with, then alright quit. But sometimes, you have to suck it up and get back to work.
---
-
#9Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 8:43:31 PM
bartz90 posted...
toad133 posted...
bartz90 posted...

But it's business. Many developers work like this; under tight deadlines and demanding publishers it isn't an easy industry. I am not saying it was a nice move or they had no right to be upset. This sort of thing happens in business all the time.

I don't think it's fair but only a child would say; well you guys should just quit to spite them. That will show them.

An adult can't just quit because they got screwed by the higher ups. If its a really bad ethical issue you can not live with, then alright quit. But sometimes, you have to suck it up and get back to work.

Let's make one thing clear. I never said they should quit. I'm asking if they did as per the request of the children on this board.
---
#10Starwars4JPosted 3/17/2013 8:46:42 PM
Newbie00 posted...
promo123 posted...

This makes no sense.

Departing from the company is an act of protest. Why continue working on the very project you take issue with?

Maybe you weren't paying attention to the situation. They didn't have an issue with the project. They loved the project and poured their hearts and souls into that project. They want it to be the best it can be. What they took issue with was management and how they essentially **** all over the team who made it. They aren't going to abandon their labor of love to spite the management. That would be what doesn't make sense.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade