Legos or Monsters? - Results (49 votes)
Lego City Undercover
30.61% (15 votes)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
67.35% (33 votes)
Get____instead!(Please specify)
2.04% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'll be getting both eventually, but I need to decide which one to pickup first as they can both suck a lot of time away from me.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#2Nophoria88Posted 3/17/2013 1:31:41 AM
Both are good, but online will be fresh with MH3U at launch.
#3darkness1018Posted 3/17/2013 1:32:05 AM
Ive got Lego City pre ordered. Never really been a fan of MH. Played Tri for about 15 hrs and got kinda bored with it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#4EternalDividePosted 3/17/2013 2:27:28 AM
If I had to chose it would be Lego.
I tried playing MH on PSP. I can't begin to understand the draw of it.

It falls into the same category as Borderlands for me. I don't like. I don't hate it. I just can't even begin to wrap my head around WHY people like it. What the draw of it is. In both cases it's like you go through all this pain and suffering to clear an area with it's wonky combat/shoot Leather Faces' all to get materials/guns that are 0.5% better so you can slog it out with another creature/Freddy Krugers.
---
SquareEnix: Crushing dreams since 2003
#5SocranPosted 3/17/2013 2:48:41 AM
Hmm... I'd say since Monster Hunter would occupy more of your time, it should be the one you don't get first. But that's me. Maybe you can very easily switch to a second game and then back to the first once you're finished, in which case you'd want to pick up the longer-lasting one as soon as possible to occupy the time between purchases better.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6Nophoria88Posted 3/17/2013 2:57:09 AM
EternalDivide posted...
If I had to chose it would be Lego.
I tried playing MH on PSP. I can't begin to understand the draw of it.

It falls into the same category as Borderlands for me. I don't like. I don't hate it. I just can't even begin to wrap my head around WHY people like it. What the draw of it is. In both cases it's like you go through all this pain and suffering to clear an area with it's wonky combat/shoot Leather Faces' all to get materials/guns that are 0.5% better so you can slog it out with another creature/Freddy Krugers.

The draw of Borderlands is mulitplayer with friends and constant upgrading of loot, some people enjoy those two things along with shooting and individual classes with their own abilities that have skill tree's, some people don't.

Monster Hunter is different than your average game, that's why you don't connect with it, it doesn't say "Here's what you need to do - go beat the heck out the game!", it's about adjusting to the game mechanics, playing by it's rules and learning how to use your weapon effectively. It took me a long time to get into MH, after actually learning how to play the game.

The draw for me is continuing to craft new weapons and armor from the monsters I just killed, which took a bit of effort and skill to take down. It's a very satisfying game and not in a subtle way - you get better as a player, you don't get stat points to help you. Is it for everyone? No, most people don't take the time to learn the game mechanics and pass it off as an acquired taste, which is true in a way, but not learning how to play it that says something too.

0.5% better is an exaggeration, when you get all the next upgrades for each piece of equipment it adds up and you feel the difference. New monsters are only hard because you don't know how they fight, they all have patterns and you learn them instinctively by fighting them. Playing online is also cool, it's like a 4 player questing MMO (similar to phantasy star) in some aspects as well which has its own draws.

If you don't see the draw to something, it's not because it sucks and people have fetishes, it's because you're missing the point of it, no offense intended, I think they should make better tutorials for games like MH.