Wii U and PS4 CPU.

#1megax11Posted 3/17/2013 7:05:54 AM
It looks like both systems feature a weak CPU, versus a better GPU. In my eyes, it means Nintendo has nothing to fear in terms of getting weaker multiplats.

I expect the 720 will probably have a weaker CPU as well.

I say it's about time people quit caring about graphics and have fun with games based on gameplay. Nintendo, Sony, and MS are making sure of this through their specs.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/nvidia-compares-ps4-specs-to-a-low-end-cpu-1138051
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#2GoreGamerPosted 3/17/2013 7:15:06 AM
megax11 posted...

I say it's about time people quit caring about graphics and have fun with games based on gameplay. Nintendo, Sony, and MS are making sure of this through their specs.

A loser says what?

Seriously though I agree exactly. May not buy a next gen and just buy ps3 games that I could not afford because of the 45 price tag.
#3TheBonfiniPosted 3/17/2013 7:34:11 AM
Dave, ps4 will obliterate Wii-U graphically.

It's a fact. Stop being so broke and get a gaming rig if you want the best graphics
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#4pixel378Posted 3/17/2013 7:38:09 AM
I guarantee the Wii U will miss most third party games or get a few rare heavily gimped ports. I thought this was a given at this point. The Wii U is extremely weak in 2013.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#5pearl arowanaPosted 3/17/2013 7:40:07 AM
the reassurance topics are very cute in this board. rofl

its very clear.. even using one core, ps4 cpu can easily **** fully loaded wii u cpu.:(
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/17/2013 7:55:38 AM
With one core huh? Sorry, I call BS on that. And yeah, sure, PS4 will be a graphical powerhouse, but that won't mean **** if you don't have games people want in order to back it up. Nintendo does for me, much to my amazement considering how for the longest time I attacked them for not releasing some wonderful games here (one of which still needs to come) and considered skipping the Wii U completely due to how disgusted I was.

Honestly, the only franchises from Sony that I truly care about anymore are Hot Shots Golf, Twisted Metal, and KillZone, while one of those is showing up at PS4 launch, and I am positive the other two games will come in due time, I'm not getting a PS4 for a long-ass time, if ever. Rather sad that I'm thinking of skipping a console completely like how I almost did with the Wii U, unlike Nintendo though, Sony won't be backing their **** up or offering any form of backwards compatibility other than "cloud" which is ridiculous. That right there is a major, major turn-off for me.

Sorry to say, horsepower only gets you so far, yeah the Vita had a good week in Japan last week, but it's still getting it's ass kicked by the 3DS, or should I say it's been bent over and is suffering something called "Stinkfist".
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7zender1999Posted 3/17/2013 8:05:13 AM
ps4 uses a netbook comparable cpu, half the speed of the cell, on par with the wiiu cpu
also gpus are very similar between the wiiu and ps4, big difference is in ram quality and amount and os memory footprint
#8bond465Posted 3/17/2013 8:14:53 AM
Doesn't the ps4 have 8 cores?
Go watch the deep down demo then compare it to anything on the wii u. It's going to be left behind come November or so.
#9ShadowSkill11Posted 3/17/2013 8:17:52 AM
It's so cute how Nintendo people think they understand how CPUs work. I bet most of them still think speed can be inferred directly from GHz or cores across different brand/models of CPUs.

It's absolutely precious!
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/17/2013 8:21:36 AM
^ Sony folks seem to think the same way too is the funny thing. To that I say don't make me laugh.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973