Wii U and PS4 CPU.

#41ForgottononePosted 3/17/2013 2:29:36 PM
Hey it might have 8 gb ddr3
BUT
I read that older gfx cards with 4gb ddr3 vram are out classed by newer ones that have 1 gb vram
so do that math
oh and does ps4 have pikmin? No.
Does it have Miiverse? (the way the wii u boots up on it's own was enough for me to drop 375)
#42DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/17/2013 2:29:51 PM
Oh look, a peasant opened his mouth about hardware...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#43chuchumyrocketPosted 3/17/2013 2:31:49 PM
Forgottonone posted...
Hey it might have 8 gb ddr3
BUT
I read that older gfx cards with 4gb ddr3 vram are out classed by newer ones that have 1 gb vram
so do that math
oh and does ps4 have pikmin? No.
Does it have Miiverse? (the way the wii u boots up on it's own was enough for me to drop 375)

Wut
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#44DemonDog666Posted 3/17/2013 2:38:54 PM(edited)
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Oh wow, first off, Mario has been in so many genres of games it isn't funny, plus, most games he stars in have massive amounts of spit n' polish to boot and are just plain fun. To call him repetitive just because he stars in 2D platformers (his main forte) is just silly, they almost always come out with a new mechanic of sorts to reinvent the wheel with the 3D games, and I've yet to play a truly horrible Mario game. I don't play those for the story BTW, they're just plain fun. Whereas InFamous and Uncharted while fun for a while, both grew to be an absolute bore for me in the end for some odd reason.

Most Sony characters end up staying in the same genre, with some making appearances in other games, I am cool with the cameo-ing in other games, like Jak and Ratchet in Hot Shots Fore on the PS2. Great game BTW. But outside PSASBR I can't think of any particular Sony mascots stepping outside their respective genres much. It would be pretty cool to see Jak or Sly in an RPG or have more cameos from characters like Sweet Tooth in the Hot Shots Golf series.

If Sony were to do things like that and choose a particular character to be their official mascot, I would probably look at them in higher regard than I do now. Not hating here, just pointing out things from my own personal experiences with their franchises. They make some wonderful games, do not get me wrong, but they are not the masterpieces that people keep making them out to be.

Also, I never said that there weren't flaws in Nintendo's games or business plans, did I? No I didn't. How about you quit attempting to shove words in my mouth and I will gladly address whatever criticisms you have.

I find it hilarious you are calling me a hypocrite, when I never once stated Nintendo games were flawless, I just have had more fun with their games overall. It's obvious that it pisses you off to see someone whom is not hesitant to call out games hailed as masterpieces for not exactly being masterpieces after all, almost to the point where you have to throw a name at them in order to placate yourself which is pretty sad if you ask me.

I said mario games were repetitive not the genres he's been in are repetitive... seriously your whole point about one character having multiple genre is kinda ridiculous, it's not a positive it's just whoring the brand name out, if anything it's a negative. Like I said you probably just don't like the shooting but the fact that you said it was because they were repetitive and the character's/story while saying you like Nintendo games makes you a hypocrite.

I never said that you said that, I don't see how you find that funny and you obviously have no idea what hypocrisy means maybe you should get a dictionary. I didn't shove any words in your mouth either and I'm not pissed off either just confused with your completely ridicules line of thought.
#45the_cajun88Posted 3/17/2013 2:39:24 PM(edited)
Why are you guys always arguing over stupid s***?

"This console's CPU and GPU does this!"

The vast majority of gamers don't even know what a GPU or VPU is. No one cares except for nerds who need console justification.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#46DemonDog666Posted 3/17/2013 2:39:39 PM
the_cajun88 posted...
Why are you guys always arguing over stupid s***?

"This console's CPU and GPU does this!"

The vast majority of gamers don't even know what a GPU or VPU is. No one cares except for nerds who need justification.

Actually all gamers care in an indirect way.
#47ForgottononePosted 3/17/2013 2:41:11 PM
Mario goes in every genre
because his controls are spot on
unlike sack boy
god imagine sack boy tennis?
sack boy golf?
god i want to smash my ps3, just because of LBP karting
#48the_cajun88Posted 3/17/2013 2:51:45 PM
Actually all gamers care in an indirect way.

"caring indirectly" =/= actually giving a f***
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#49Lump1700Posted 3/17/2013 2:54:45 PM
bond465 posted...
Doesn't the ps4 have 8 cores?
Go watch the deep down demo then compare it to anything on the wii u. It's going to be left behind come November or so.

lol tech demos mean nothing. look at the wii u garden demo. Not saying ps4 won't be more graphically impressive, but you shot yourself in the foot by using that argument. Not to mention the fact that graphics are experiencing diminishing returns in quality. The gap is much lesser than it was between wii and ps3/360.
#50DemonDog666Posted 3/17/2013 3:02:23 PM
Lump1700 posted...
lol tech demos mean nothing. look at the wii u garden demo. Not saying ps4 won't be more graphically impressive, but you shot yourself in the foot by using that argument. Not to mention the fact that graphics are experiencing diminishing returns in quality. The gap is much lesser than it was between wii and ps3/360.

That wasn't a tech demo that was gameplay, possibly post processed but that's it.