Wii U and PS4 CPU.

#51IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/17/2013 3:12:33 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

I said mario games were repetitive not the genres he's been in are repetitive... seriously your whole point about one character having multiple genre is kinda ridiculous, it's not a positive it's just whoring the brand name out, if anything it's a negative. Like I said you probably just don't like the shooting but the fact that you said it was because they were repetitive and the character's/story while saying you like Nintendo games makes you a hypocrite.

I never said that you said that, I don't see how you find that funny and you obviously have no idea what hypocrisy means maybe you should get a dictionary. I didn't shove any words in your mouth either and I'm not pissed off either just confused with your completely ridicules line of thought.

And I'm confused about yours as well, because I happen to like Nintendo games I'm a hypocrite and yes I know EXACTLY what that word means. How so? Because I feel they are fun? Because I feel they are a truly complete package, and any DLC we get is just icing on the cake? That's how games should be for God's sake!

Also, you have put words in my mouth, you keep impying that I have said something along the lines of Nintendo's games are flawless. I never said anything along those lines in this topic or any topic I've posted whatsoever.

Further, I feel it's a good thing when a character can be diverse enough to be in multiple genres. Shows they've got a ton of flexibility to them if anything. I do not get how that's a bad thing at all. If it means quality RPGs or fun sports titles with recognizable characters come out, I say why not.

I mean come on, would you not want to play as a fair amount the Sony characters in Hot Shots Golf? Like how Jak and Ratchet made cameos in HSG4, and Kratos and Sackboy were DLC in HSGOBB? Stuff like this I am cool with.

Those characters are recognizable, in spite of the fact that yes, I do not like Kratos as a character at all, he's there and that can sell copies of a game, not a bad thing at all. I'd love to see Sweet Tooth in the next one. Hell, for the Uncharted fans, toss in Nathan Drake. How about updating the character models of cameo characters from past HSG games so they can all be included as well?

I give Sony credit where credit is due, they do a lot of new IPs and the like, they also have some that they do very well. Some are quite fun, others not so much. That's fine. Same can be said about Nintendo as well with their games.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#52nbean16Posted 3/17/2013 3:17:54 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Oh wow, first off, Mario has been in so many genres of games it isn't funny, plus, most games he stars in have massive amounts of spit n' polish to boot and are just plain fun. To call him repetitive just because he stars in 2D platformers (his main forte) is just silly, they almost always come out with a new mechanic of sorts to reinvent the wheel with the 3D games, and I've yet to play a truly horrible Mario game. I don't play those for the story BTW, they're just plain fun. Whereas InFamous and Uncharted while fun for a while, both grew to be an absolute bore for me in the end for some odd reason.

Most Sony characters end up staying in the same genre, with some making appearances in other games, I am cool with the cameo-ing in other games, like Jak and Ratchet in Hot Shots Fore on the PS2. Great game BTW. But outside PSASBR I can't think of any particular Sony mascots stepping outside their respective genres much. It would be pretty cool to see Jak or Sly in an RPG or have more cameos from characters like Sweet Tooth in the Hot Shots Golf series.

If Sony were to do things like that and choose a particular character to be their official mascot, I would probably look at them in higher regard than I do now. Not hating here, just pointing out things from my own personal experiences with their franchises. They make some wonderful games, do not get me wrong, but they are not the masterpieces that people keep making them out to be.

Also, I never said that there weren't flaws in Nintendo's games or business plans, did I? No I didn't. How about you quit attempting to shove words in my mouth and I will gladly address whatever criticisms you have.

I find it hilarious you are calling me a hypocrite, when I never once stated Nintendo games were flawless, I just have had more fun with their games overall. It's obvious that it pisses you off to see someone whom is not hesitant to call out games hailed as masterpieces for not exactly being masterpieces after all, almost to the point where you have to throw a name at them in order to placate yourself which is pretty sad if you ask me.

I said mario games were repetitive not the genres he's been in are repetitive... seriously your whole point about one character having multiple genre is kinda ridiculous, it's not a positive it's just whoring the brand name out, if anything it's a negative. Like I said you probably just don't like the shooting but the fact that you said it was because they were repetitive and the character's/story while saying you like Nintendo games makes you a hypocrite.

I never said that you said that, I don't see how you find that funny and you obviously have no idea what hypocrisy means maybe you should get a dictionary. I didn't shove any words in your mouth either and I'm not pissed off either just confused with your completely ridicules line of thought.

You can't see the troll in this topic because you are the troll! Seriously shut the f*** up and stop coming to this board. Youve already proven you are a complete dolt with your vita upload topic. You don't like anything nintendo does, great, please leave. You offer nothing here. No one is allowed to have an opinion but you. Your act is tired. Even on the sony boards you're seen as a joke.
#53DemonDog666Posted 3/17/2013 5:45:13 PM
And I'm confused about yours as well, because I happen to like Nintendo games I'm a hypocrite and yes I know EXACTLY what that word means. How so? Because I feel they are fun? Because I feel they are a truly complete package, and any DLC we get is just icing on the cake? That's how games should be for God's sake!

Also, you have put words in my mouth, you keep impying that I have said something along the lines of Nintendo's games are flawless. I never said anything along those lines in this topic or any topic I've posted whatsoever.

Further, I feel it's a good thing when a character can be diverse enough to be in multiple genres. Shows they've got a ton of flexibility to them if anything. I do not get how that's a bad thing at all. If it means quality RPGs or fun sports titles with recognizable characters come out, I say why not.

I mean come on, would you not want to play as a fair amount the Sony characters in Hot Shots Golf? Like how Jak and Ratchet made cameos in HSG4, and Kratos and Sackboy were DLC in HSGOBB? Stuff like this I am cool with.

Those characters are recognizable, in spite of the fact that yes, I do not like Kratos as a character at all, he's there and that can sell copies of a game, not a bad thing at all. I'd love to see Sweet Tooth in the next one. Hell, for the Uncharted fans, toss in Nathan Drake. How about updating the character models of cameo characters from past HSG games so they can all be included as well?

I give Sony credit where credit is due, they do a lot of new IPs and the like, they also have some that they do very well. Some are quite fun, others not so much. That's fine. Same can be said about Nintendo as well with their games.

No because you like Nintendo games which are full of the issues you are saying are the reason you don't like other games. It's like if someone said I don't like god of war because the combat sucks and saying and I like assassins creed (which has horrible combat). I don't understand what's so hard to understand, seems like you are just being defensive because I mentioned something negative about Nintendo.

No I really really didn't, I don't know what your problem is.

Mario isn't diverse he's shallow, and you can put any character in a game of any genre if you wanted to, mostly people just don't because it hurts the story and the gameplay is stuck in that universes rules and the ones that do are usually just whoring out the characters.
#54ADHDguitarPosted 3/17/2013 5:48:57 PM
PS4 CPU is obviously more powerful, quite a bit more powerful actually.

Still a fairly low-end CPU though. But hey, it's not like it needs an i7.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#55Shinobi120Posted 3/17/2013 6:02:02 PM(edited)
With one core huh? Sorry, I call BS on that. And yeah, sure, PS4 will be a graphical powerhouse, but that won't mean **** if you don't have games people want in order to back it up. Nintendo does for me, much to my amazement considering how for the longest time I attacked them for not releasing some wonderful games here (one of which still needs to come) and considered skipping the Wii U completely due to how disgusted I was.

Honestly, the only franchises from Sony that I truly care about anymore are Hot Shots Golf, Twisted Metal, and KillZone, while one of those is showing up at PS4 launch, and I am positive the other two games will come in due time, I'm not getting a PS4 for a long-ass time, if ever. Rather sad that I'm thinking of skipping a console completely like how I almost did with the Wii U, unlike Nintendo though, Sony won't be backing their **** up or offering any form of backwards compatibility other than "cloud" which is ridiculous. That right there is a major, major turn-off for me.

Sorry to say, horsepower only gets you so far, yeah the Vita had a good week in Japan last week, but it's still getting it's ass kicked by the 3DS, or should I say it's been bent over and is suffering something called "Stinkfist".

I agree. Not to mention that the average gamers couldn't care less about which is more powerful. They care more about the price tags & the games.

History has proven that ever since after the SNES, power has never been a requirement to win a console war in sales.
#56aryanbrarPosted 3/17/2013 6:15:19 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

Still a fairly low-end CPU though. But hey, it's not like it needs an i7.

this^
#57darkjedilinkPosted 3/17/2013 8:24:32 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

It has to be, with all the other things it has to do that are merely tangental to gaming.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#58GdboyratedloudPosted 3/17/2013 8:30:53 PM
pearl arowana posted...
the reassurance topics are very cute in this board. rofl

its very clear.. even using one core, ps4 cpu can easily **** fully loaded wii u cpu.:(

prove it
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#59IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/17/2013 8:41:36 PM
Shinobi120 posted...

I agree. Not to mention that the average gamers couldn't care less about which is more powerful. They care more about the price tags & the games.

History has proven that ever since after the SNES, power has never been a requirement to win a console war in sales.

While I did add three other series that I actually like from Sony, those being Gran Turismo, MotorStorm, and WipEout, I just wish to say thank you for backing me on that. Horsepower only takes you so far, the games and features are what bring home the victory. While I am positive the PS4 will have some excellent titles over it's lifetime, there's just no way it will surpass the Wii U in overall lifetime sales.

I am just not feeling a Sony win whatsoever, and my intuition has been correct on what I keep feeling a lot of the time. I've learned to trust what I am getting and I just feel I am right on this. Point blank, the days of Sony dominating are over. Microsoft won't be as much of a threat anymore either, they have little in the gaming department to call their own aside from three IPs that are compelling.

Other than that, I feel once Nintendo shows their hand at E3 and brings out the big guns, sales will steadily increase over time. They're struggling now, but mark my words, if there's one thing I've learned from my years of observation of the industry as a whole it is to NEVER count Nintendo out.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#60vgtg16Posted 3/17/2013 8:56:37 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Lump1700 posted...
lol tech demos mean nothing. look at the wii u garden demo. Not saying ps4 won't be more graphically impressive, but you shot yourself in the foot by using that argument. Not to mention the fact that graphics are experiencing diminishing returns in quality. The gap is much lesser than it was between wii and ps3/360.

That wasn't a tech demo that was gameplay, possibly post processed but that's it.

I can promise you that was not gameplay. Killzone 4 was actual gameplay and wow was I blown away lol.