Wii U and PS4 CPU.

#61AsuirPosted 3/17/2013 11:29:11 PM
vgtg16 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Lump1700 posted...
lol tech demos mean nothing. look at the wii u garden demo. Not saying ps4 won't be more graphically impressive, but you shot yourself in the foot by using that argument. Not to mention the fact that graphics are experiencing diminishing returns in quality. The gap is much lesser than it was between wii and ps3/360.

That wasn't a tech demo that was gameplay, possibly post processed but that's it.

I can promise you that was not gameplay. Killzone 4 was actual gameplay and wow was I blown away lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

Looks like gameplay to me. Maybe not in the same state as the KZ4 demo, but it's definitely gameplay.
---
Ftw!
#62DiscostewSMPosted 3/18/2013 12:12:02 AM
Asuir posted...
vgtg16 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Lump1700 posted...
lol tech demos mean nothing. look at the wii u garden demo. Not saying ps4 won't be more graphically impressive, but you shot yourself in the foot by using that argument. Not to mention the fact that graphics are experiencing diminishing returns in quality. The gap is much lesser than it was between wii and ps3/360.

That wasn't a tech demo that was gameplay, possibly post processed but that's it.

I can promise you that was not gameplay. Killzone 4 was actual gameplay and wow was I blown away lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

Looks like gameplay to me. Maybe not in the same state as the KZ4 demo, but it's definitely gameplay.

Honestly, that video felt real-time, but how it was presented looked like it was scripted (or pre-destined events) than actual gameplay, simply because it didn't look like it was taken from a gameplay point-of-view.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#63ShankspearePosted 3/18/2013 4:03:29 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...
Why are you guys always arguing over stupid s***?

"This console's CPU and GPU does this!"

The vast majority of gamers don't even know what a GPU or VPU is. No one cares except for nerds who need justification.

Actually all gamers care in an indirect way.

The majority of gamers do not, because they have no real meaning to them. Sales indicated that price, value, accessibility and quality software are far more important than those things. Yes, these are indirectly affected by specs. However, it given far more importance by how much as it is discussed in the media and gamefaqs.
#64Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/18/2013 4:26:51 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ha!

Thanks for that.

Now back on topic. I do think that Nintendo will not get much in the way of 3rd party games, but I don't believe it'll be because of a lack of processing or graphical power.

No, it'll be because the WiiU will be the only console that won't have an option to block second hand sales. Second hand sales hurt publishers much more than piracy ever could, because each game pirated is a potential sale, but never a confirmed one, and no money is ever gained or lost. On the other hand a second hand sale IS a confirmed sale which the publisher gets nothing for. They lose money.

With that in mind, do you really think they'll support a company that promotes second hand sales?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#65Megaman OmegaPosted 3/18/2013 5:11:43 AM
Sasquatchimo posted...
Hay guyz, how many bits does the new PS4 have? I bet its nowhere near Wii U's bits!

Most likely 32 or 64 like everything nowadays.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#66tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/18/2013 5:57:36 AM
vgtg16 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Lump1700 posted...

I can promise you that was not gameplay.

Agreed. It didn't look like it was gameplay. Slapping a little HUD on (parts of) it to try to trick us doesn't make it gameplay. Especially not with those camera techniques.
#67The_HyphenatorPosted 3/18/2013 6:23:14 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
It's so cute how Nintendo people think they understand how CPUs work. I bet most of them still think speed can be inferred directly from GHz or cores across different brand/models of CPUs.

It's absolutely precious!

Sony fanboys were all over the Wii U'c CPU for being "lackluster" as they imagined it......until the PS4's CPU was revealed.

Yeah, I've noticed there's been a distinct lack of "weak CPU" posts and a major uptick in "Dat RAM!" posts around here...
#68DemonDog666Posted 3/18/2013 8:44:49 AM(edited)
vgtg16 posted...

It was all in game and some was obviously scripted but most of the dragon's fight and after you are thrown the torch was gameplay.

DiscostewSM posted...
Honestly, that video felt real-time, but how it was presented looked like it was scripted (or pre-destined events) than actual gameplay, simply because it didn't look like it was taken from a gameplay point-of-view.

Some of it was scripted but some parts where gameplay, like most of the dragon fight, you can tell because of how much they cut in and out, and since dragon's dogma has that stupid action camera thing I think deep down is the same and that's what happened when the guy shot the arrow, also the spinning around the camera seemed more like a tester trying to make cool looking footage then a scripted event.

Shankspeare posted...
The majority of gamers do not, because they have no real meaning to them. Sales indicated that price, value, accessibility and quality software are far more important than those things. Yes, these are indirectly affected by specs. However, it given far more importance by how much as it is discussed in the media and gamefaqs.

Gamers care about quality of games and cpu/gpu have a huge effect on that, so yes most gamers do care indirectly, they just don't know what they are looking at so until the games come out they don't know they care. also advertising has more to do with sales then anything you mentioned except for price.
#69ShankspearePosted 3/18/2013 8:34:25 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
vgtg16 posted...

It was all in game and some was obviously scripted but most of the dragon's fight and after you are thrown the torch was gameplay.

DiscostewSM posted...

Some of it was scripted but some parts where gameplay, like most of the dragon fight, you can tell because of how much they cut in and out, and since dragon's dogma has that stupid action camera thing I think deep down is the same and that's what happened when the guy shot the arrow, also the spinning around the camera seemed more like a tester trying to make cool looking footage then a scripted event.

Shankspeare posted...

Gamers care about quality of games and cpu/gpu have a huge effect on that, so yes most gamers do care indirectly, they just don't know what they are looking it so until the games come out they don't know they care. also advertising has more to do with sales then anything you mentioned except for price.

Not to argue semantics with you but indirectly caring about something is not the same as caring about it. Yes specs indirectly affect things that gamers due care about, but that doesn't mean they care about specs. You said it yourself "they just don't know what they are looking it so until the games come out they don't know they care". You can't care about something that indirectly affects something you may care about but doesn't exist yet. Let's put it his way - you may like movies. That doesn't mean you care about the with it was shot using a Red camera or edited using Final Cut.
#70steve9842005Posted 3/18/2013 8:45:53 AM
pearl arowana posted...
the reassurance topics are very cute in this board. rofl

its very clear.. even using one core, ps4 cpu can easily **** fully loaded wii u cpu.:(

Not true at all. Core for core, Espresso roughly matches up in performance with Jaguar.

PS4 has 8 cores versus three Espresso cores, though.
---
www.last.fm/user/Steve9842009 GT:Steve9842006
2010/2012 San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions!