Wii U and PS4 CPU.

#71DemonDog666Posted 3/18/2013 8:47:07 AM
Shankspeare posted...
Not to argue semantics with you but indirectly caring about something is not the same as caring about it. Yes specs indirectly affect things that gamers due care about, but that doesn't mean they care about specs. You said it yourself "they just don't know what they are looking it so until the games come out they don't know they care". You can't care about something that indirectly affects something you may care about but doesn't exist yet. Let's put it his way - you may like movies. That doesn't mean you care about the with it was shot using a Red camera or edited using Final Cut.

If you like/dislike how it turns out every single time then you do care but to you it's just I don't like that effect you don't know the process that leads to it. Just like most wiiU owners probably won't like the fact wiiU won't be getting next gen multiplats but they don't realize the specs have already determined that to be the case, when they figure it out they will care.
#72ShankspearePosted 3/18/2013 9:02:08 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Shankspeare posted...
Not to argue semantics with you but indirectly caring about something is not the same as caring about it. Yes specs indirectly affect things that gamers due care about, but that doesn't mean they care about specs. You said it yourself "they just don't know what they are looking it so until the games come out they don't know they care". You can't care about something that indirectly affects something you may care about but doesn't exist yet. Let's put it his way - you may like movies. That doesn't mean you care about the with it was shot using a Red camera or edited using Final Cut.

If you like/dislike how it turns out every single time then you do care but to you it's just I don't like that effect you don't know the process that leads to it. Just like most wiiU owners probably won't like the fact wiiU won't be getting next gen multiplats but they don't realize the specs have already determined that to be the case, when they figure it out they will care.

Going back to my movie example, lets see you saw a movie that was shot poorly with a cheap camera. You only know that it looks bad, so you deem it a poor movie. You don't necessarily worry about what studios use a better camera, you just won't see a movie by so and so director again.
#73DemonDog666Posted 3/18/2013 10:08:30 AM
Shankspeare posted...
Going back to my movie example, lets see you saw a movie that was shot poorly with a cheap camera. You only know that it looks bad, so you deem it a poor movie. You don't necessarily worry about what studios use a better camera, you just won't see a movie by so and so director again.

So how is that not caring? That's just doing something stupid about it.
#74geneticsftwPosted 3/18/2013 10:27:08 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
It's so cute how Nintendo people think they understand how CPUs work. I bet most of them still think speed can be inferred directly from GHz or cores across different brand/models of CPUs.

It's absolutely precious!

Sony fanboys were all over the Wii U'c CPU for being "lackluster" as they imagined it......until the PS4's CPU was revealed.

It wouldn't be a Nintendo board without someone using phantom forum posts as proof of heir own position while avoiding the main topic! This board is so cute!

Aww, this is cute. You post here and its cute how now clock speed doesn't mean what it did in November. Keep making these cute and precious posts sweetie.
---
Sweet
#75ShankspearePosted 3/18/2013 10:31:15 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Shankspeare posted...

So how is that not caring? That's just doing something stupid about it.

I have no idea what your second sentence means, sorry. I was saying that people don't actually care about the hardware they care about the end product. Which is why games are still made on retro systems and gain critical acclaim regardless of the hardware used. I used movies as an example since it is a form of entertainment. Let me ask this. Do you go onto movie sites of movies that you like and ask if the cinematographer is using a particular camera? If so, how do you explain something like paranormal activity which was shot on a piece of crap camera being popular? Or quality movies like Slumdog Millionaire shot on digital? The hardware is a means to an end buddy.
#76AsuirPosted 3/18/2013 10:33:22 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Asuir posted...
vgtg16 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Lump1700 posted...
lol tech demos mean nothing. look at the wii u garden demo. Not saying ps4 won't be more graphically impressive, but you shot yourself in the foot by using that argument. Not to mention the fact that graphics are experiencing diminishing returns in quality. The gap is much lesser than it was between wii and ps3/360.

That wasn't a tech demo that was gameplay, possibly post processed but that's it.

I can promise you that was not gameplay. Killzone 4 was actual gameplay and wow was I blown away lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

Looks like gameplay to me. Maybe not in the same state as the KZ4 demo, but it's definitely gameplay.

Honestly, that video felt real-time, but how it was presented looked like it was scripted (or pre-destined events) than actual gameplay, simply because it didn't look like it was taken from a gameplay point-of-view.

Real time, that's the word I was looking for. I agree completely.
---
Ftw!
#77trollhunter2Posted 3/18/2013 10:47:59 AM
zender1999 posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Already did, Uncharted, Resistance, InFamous, and hell, even God of War. Uncharted got sickening for me after a while, the characters simply did not grow on me whatsoever. InFamous was fun for a while too, but ultimately ended up becoming repetitive and not in a good way either. Resistance? Good God, just look at those shades of brown! Storyline also grew stale as well. Granted KZ is also guilty of the brown shades, but at least it has a sense of humour to back it up.

And God of War? That series pisses me off so ****ing bad! It should've ended with #3 but instead it's getting dragged on beyond it's expiration date. Plus, Kratos is an unlikable jackass to boot. Hell no I am not supporting that franchise anymore. Cheap platforming, over-reliance on QTEs and a few other things just did it for me.

Not even remotely interested in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale personally, blatant Smash Bros. rip-off that tries to add some stuff to it's own, but just doesn't cut it for me. I tried the demo and I was not impressed. Didn't feel as good as Smash Bros.

Wait you like Nintendo exclusives yet blame infamous for being too repetitive and uncharted for having weak characters and story... double standardss and hypocrisy alert... and what about Demon Souls, Motorstorm, LBP, Folklore and all the 3rd party exclusives?

**LOL** Dude, I HAVE a PS3 okay, so shut the **** up with that crap.

Yes, InFamous was quite repetitive, go somewhere, get shot at and hope you don't die while using electric powers to kill the baddies and hopefully continue the storyline, rinse and repeat. Ended up getting slogged down in that it was fun at first but grew boring.

And yes, I said Uncharted ended up not growing on me. You got a problem with that? It's called an opinion. I never said the game was crap, just it was not for me at all.

Demon's Souls was a decent game, a shame the game's on-line was shut down.

Motorstorm? Decent series, though Apocalypse was definitely not what I'm calling a high point for it. Hell, I even liked Arctic Edge on the PS2/PSP (own both versions) and I acknowledge that it was a good new IP for the PS3. Would love to see a full-on Motorstorm for the Vita that isn't called R/C.

LBP? Okay, very cutesy game, but not what I'd call difficult with the main game itself. Being able to create levels and download created levels is cool, I will give credit where credit is due for concept. Charming graphics, but for some odd reason the series didn't grip me.

There is another series I actually do like a ton from Sony though, Gran Turismo. Though GT5 has some issues, it's still quite the solid racer.

And no, I will not be getting PSASBR anytime soon. I have zero desire to do so, period.

And I've played quite a few titles that were exclusive to the PS3. Those are not Sony first party franchises though, therefore they don't count. Nice try.

Every game you mentioned is better than any Nintendo game.

according to u, not according to actual game sales, gamers voted with their wallets look at the numbers lol

does sales equal quality now or am I missing something here? You might just say that Call of duty is the best game ever then
---
shadowfxd:" Vita is overpriced, has overpriced memory cards and only ports, atleast Wii U has 2 games and is about to outsell the Vita already" busted
#78trollhunter2Posted 3/18/2013 10:55:13 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

That wasn't a tech demo that was gameplay, possibly post processed but that's it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ha!

Thanks for that.

Now back on topic. I do think that Nintendo will not get much in the way of 3rd party games, but I don't believe it'll be because of a lack of processing or graphical power.

No, it'll be because the WiiU will be the only console that won't have an option to block second hand sales. Second hand sales hurt publishers much more than piracy ever could, because each game pirated is a potential sale, but never a confirmed one, and no money is ever gained or lost. On the other hand a second hand sale IS a confirmed sale which the publisher gets nothing for. They lose money.

With that in mind, do you really think they'll support a company that promotes second hand sales?

its already proven to be ingame several times, even digital foundry checked it.
---
shadowfxd:" Vita is overpriced, has overpriced memory cards and only ports, atleast Wii U has 2 games and is about to outsell the Vita already" busted
#79Natureboy99Posted 3/18/2013 11:00:01 AM
PS4 really can't be compared to WiiU. CPU is only a small part of the overall story.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#80Xcalibur02Posted 3/18/2013 11:44:28 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
PS4 really can't be compared to WiiU. CPU is only a small part of the overall story.

Well then can you please tell that to the trolls that were trying to make such a big deal out of it before we found out about the PS4's CPU.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****