Nintendrones, Sony Ponies, and Xbots are more of a cult than gamers.

#1PerascaminPosted 3/17/2013 10:51:38 AM
People who label themselves like this are like members of a cult. They're far too devoted to be just a person who enjoys video games. I mean, come one, the organizations they follow are about "HAVING FUN". Good thing the companies in question don't pay much attention to their cultists, it's be pretty pathetic to see people having pissing contests over them.
---
It's never too late.
#2ChipChippersonPosted 3/17/2013 11:11:31 AM
The companies probably have a good laugh and thank god for the free, unpaid P.R. and advertising.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#3SharkbiteR6Posted 3/17/2013 11:21:56 AM
Unfortunately its pretty basic human psychology to turn things into a "my side vs. your side" competition, even to the point of being irrational. You only have to look at politics to see the same thing. Dyed-in-the-wool democrats and republicans will defend their party no matter what, rationalizing everything that can be perceived as negative. But if the other side does the same thing, THEN all of the sudden its a problem.
---
Currently playing: Dead Space 3, Persona 4: Arena, Xenoblade Chronicles, Brigandine