Just played ZombiU for the first time in a few months...

#1STE573Posted 3/17/2013 2:24:47 PM
I actually get annoyed with how much of a chore it is to play particularly the combat. Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas behind it, but it's just such a poor game with almost no fun factor imo that I can't help but question how much thought was actually put into making this fun to play.

The gun play is good, but too rare to really mention, and I like the way the Gamepad is utilised in many ways, in fact it's probably the best game in terms of Gamepad features.

What do others think? Am I missing something glaringly obvious that makes this game fun? And let it be known I've actually completed the game previously, and I enjoyed it the first time through, but today I just kept on getting annoyed and eventually had to bail to the safety of Nintendoland.

Anyway, I'm interested in some honest opinions.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#2Ianio82Posted 3/17/2013 2:27:41 PM
If you have a Pro controller and a family member or friend, try the multiplayer modes. So much fun, so much action. IMO, better than the single player experience (which I do enjoy).
#3Lefty128kPosted 3/17/2013 2:30:27 PM(edited)
"Look at WiiU Controller"
#4STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 2:30:11 PM
I have done, and those were good fun, mostly because you use guns, but I can't really just rely on the MP. What did you think of SP?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#5ChipChippersonPosted 3/17/2013 2:30:35 PM
I gave up on the game when I got to the ''arena'' part and haven't gone back to it since. I don't think the engine was built for the way you have to play that segment. I can't stand when games have a part that brings the entire thing to a dead stop.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#6ForgottononePosted 3/17/2013 3:40:50 PM
STE573 posted...
I actually get annoyed with how much of a chore it is to play particularly the combat. Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas behind it, but it's just such a poor game with almost no fun factor imo that I can't help but question how much thought was actually put into making this fun to play.

The gun play is good, but too rare to really mention, and I like the way the Gamepad is utilised in many ways, in fact it's probably the best game in terms of Gamepad features.

What do others think? Am I missing something glaringly obvious that makes this game fun? And let it be known I've actually completed the game previously, and I enjoyed it the first time through, but today I just kept on getting annoyed and eventually had to bail to the safety of Nintendoland.

Anyway, I'm interested in some honest opinions.

Hey, at least there is a patch on the way right? :P
#7Petey_MeanisPosted 3/17/2013 3:48:24 PM
The gun play is good, but too rare to really mention

use the item duplication trick and dupe all the weapons and ammo you want.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673013-zombiu/64967568

You can also google "ZombiU item duplication" to see videos of how it's done.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#8AiuchiFanboiPosted 3/17/2013 6:10:58 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
The gun play is good, but too rare to really mention

use the item duplication trick and dupe all the weapons and ammo you want.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673013-zombiu/64967568

You can also google "ZombiU item duplication" to see videos of how it's done.

Its actually so easy to do that Im surprised that not everybody who plays the game hasnt accidentally done it before.

But yea, either way i like the game just fine.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/NID/ Psikyo till the day I die
#9New LinkPosted 3/17/2013 6:14:23 PM
I've been playing this a lot recently. I started it in december, got sidetracked with NintendoLand, NSMBU, Arkham City, and life in general. Coming back to it, I'm really enjoying it and I cant wait to see what the patch is.

I'm currently on my 8th survivor on a mission inside of buckingham palace, I just spent some time gathering some loot (i think i have less ammo than when i started though... but i did level up and was able to upgrade my weapon)

I'm taking a small break, then I'll head back in and try to progress a little further.

This survivor is at around an hour and a half uptime and has a score of just shy of 1,000. As I am getting the hang of things a bit more, so long as I dont get bitten I should be able to break my survivors high score of ~1,600
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#10_Sovereign_Posted 3/17/2013 11:17:29 PM
I've found that while I like the game, it isn't really worth more than an hour or two once every month. Everything seems to work fine in it, it's just the melee is too much of a chore. I mean, we're talking about a dead man's head here, rotten tissue, brittle bone structure....the damn thing should smash on the first hit!
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.