Just played ZombiU for the first time in a few months...

#11AmishMechanicPosted 3/17/2013 10:59:01 PM
zombie u broke my console

tc u better be careful

u dont want it 2 happen 2 ur console 2
#12Faceman_Posted 3/18/2013 1:15:44 AM
Uh, jsyk the more you use a gun the more ammo you find for it. If you never touch your guns and solely rely on the bat you'll never find ammo. They don't want you loaded to the teeth with ammo.
#13crowe_1Posted 3/18/2013 2:29:44 AM
STE573 posted...
I actually get annoyed with how much of a chore it is to play particularly the combat. Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas behind it, but it's just such a poor game with almost no fun factor imo that I can't help but question how much thought was actually put into making this fun to play.

The gun play is good, but too rare to really mention, and I like the way the Gamepad is utilised in many ways, in fact it's probably the best game in terms of Gamepad features.

What do others think? Am I missing something glaringly obvious that makes this game fun? And let it be known I've actually completed the game previously, and I enjoyed it the first time through, but today I just kept on getting annoyed and eventually had to bail to the safety of Nintendoland.

Anyway, I'm interested in some honest opinions.

I love Zombi U personally. Never found it a chore to play, but I guess I can sympathize. The thing that I find keeps it engaging is the stress/fear factor. Dying actually matters for the most part, since it sets you back in terms of weapons and ammo, and all of your next survivor's weapon skills will reset to level 0, which is a real kick in the head. That, combined with the fact that you can die in one bite, and it's not difficult to get swarmed and die from just a few zombies, makes for a scary, survival-focused experience.

I never found the cricket bat to be that boring, but I tended to mix things up by swinging once or twice and finishing with whatever gun I was trying to level up with. I also used my environment a lot, trying to force zombies over or under barriers to one-shot them while they were down, detonating explosive barrels on them, or combining flares with explosives/molotovs to take out groups where possible. Using the crossbow to snipe lone zombies from a distance also cuts down on repetition, and as long as you hit the zombie you can recover your bolt.

TC, I suggest you try survivor mode. If you die, it's game over and you need to restart the game; this will bring back the "stress" element that makes this game so good. The downside to that, for you though, I think, is that zombies have twice as much health, so when you do use the cricket bat you use it twice as much.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Hopefully you can come to enjoy the game as much as I did; with that being said though, I do recognize that the game is rough around the edges.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#14STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 4:43:01 AM
crowe_1 posted...
STE573 posted...
I actually get annoyed with how much of a chore it is to play particularly the combat. Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas behind it, but it's just such a poor game with almost no fun factor imo that I can't help but question how much thought was actually put into making this fun to play.

The gun play is good, but too rare to really mention, and I like the way the Gamepad is utilised in many ways, in fact it's probably the best game in terms of Gamepad features.

What do others think? Am I missing something glaringly obvious that makes this game fun? And let it be known I've actually completed the game previously, and I enjoyed it the first time through, but today I just kept on getting annoyed and eventually had to bail to the safety of Nintendoland.

Anyway, I'm interested in some honest opinions.

I love Zombi U personally. Never found it a chore to play, but I guess I can sympathize. The thing that I find keeps it engaging is the stress/fear factor. Dying actually matters for the most part, since it sets you back in terms of weapons and ammo, and all of your next survivor's weapon skills will reset to level 0, which is a real kick in the head. That, combined with the fact that you can die in one bite, and it's not difficult to get swarmed and die from just a few zombies, makes for a scary, survival-focused experience.

I never found the cricket bat to be that boring, but I tended to mix things up by swinging once or twice and finishing with whatever gun I was trying to level up with. I also used my environment a lot, trying to force zombies over or under barriers to one-shot them while they were down, detonating explosive barrels on them, or combining flares with explosives/molotovs to take out groups where possible. Using the crossbow to snipe lone zombies from a distance also cuts down on repetition, and as long as you hit the zombie you can recover your bolt.

TC, I suggest you try survivor mode. If you die, it's game over and you need to restart the game; this will bring back the "stress" element that makes this game so good. The downside to that, for you though, I think, is that zombies have twice as much health, so when you do use the cricket bat you use it twice as much.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Hopefully you can come to enjoy the game as much as I did; with that being said though, I do recognize that the game is rough around the edges.

Thanks, nice to get your opinion and I found this one helpful. The way you speak reminds me of the first time I played through the game, which was at release, but something seems have changed along the way with me. I'm going to give it a rest for a bit and return with fresh eyes. I think. Got MH coming in a few days, so that'll keep me time tied for a while anyway :)
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#15crowe_1Posted 3/18/2013 7:36:54 AM
I know. Monster Hunter is my most wanted game this year. Can't wait to get off work tomorrow.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1