Nvidia Discusses Gen 8 Graphics

#41bleedingelitePosted 3/18/2013 10:10:51 AM
mjc0961 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
If you're looking for realistic graphics and horsepower, buy a gaming PC for around $2,000.

If you're spending $2,000 on a gaming PC, you're doing it wrong.

Depends on what you want. If you want one of those new 6 core i7s, a GTX Titan, a nice ssd and a 2 or 3 TB HDD, 16gb of the fastest RAM and a top of the line PSU, you're probably looking at over $3000.
#42Red_hot_smasherPosted 3/18/2013 10:14:31 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Back in 2006, Nvidia supported Sony's PS3 system with an advanced GPU which destroyed everything else on the market at the time.

Except the 360's GPU outperformed it.
---
All these organizations for human rights, and yet noone cares about the victims of copyright law. ;(
Sierpinski Triangle = Yo dawg, I heard you like Triforces.
#43Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 3/18/2013 10:41:17 AM
PC has awful exclusives though. Also, I would never buy PC games of multiplats, I don't care if they have better graphics. PC gaming is a pain because for how expensive they are and how often you need to upgrade, they don't even have exclusives that warrant the purchase IMO.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#44meiyukiPosted 3/18/2013 10:43:35 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
PC has awful exclusives though. Also, I would never buy PC games of multiplats, I don't care if they have better graphics. PC gaming is a pain because for how expensive they are and how often you need to upgrade, they don't even have exclusives that warrant the purchase IMO.

Another example of someone who knows nothing about pc gaming.
#45Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 3/18/2013 10:45:16 AM
meiyuki posted...

I know they just don't have the games I like. That's all I need to know, scrub.
---
#46bleedingelitePosted 3/18/2013 10:50:21 AM
meiyuki posted...

Do you only like bad games or something?
#47Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 3/18/2013 2:06:40 PM
bleedingelite posted...
meiyuki posted...

If PC games are so good, why haven't they overtaken consoles completely? Because consoles offer better actual games.
---
#48Mecha SonicPosted 3/18/2013 2:28:17 PM
If PC games are so good, why haven't they overtaken consoles completely? Because consoles offer better actual games.

the real reason is it's easier for four people to sit around a TV screen and play a game than it is for them to sit around a computer
---
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2366/rainbowsadbykawaiipiepi.jpg
#49SychinLegacyPosted 3/18/2013 2:32:33 PM
bleedingelite posted...
meiyuki posted...

Because Consoles are cheap.

Why haven't 5 star restaurants run Mcdonalds out of business? In our culture/lifestyles fast and cheap appeals to more people more often than high quality at high cost. Mcdonalds also is very successful because they know what they are. Fast and cheap. They don't try to pretend they are a high quality dining establishment knowing they will never be able to compete with that market because it's not in their nature. Sony and Microsoft have either learned or will learn real soon that they need to stop trying to be metaphorical five star restaurants because there's no way they can compete at that level. Instead they need to embrace the fast and cheap model that worked wonders for Nintendo with the Wii.
#50bond465Posted 3/18/2013 2:35:29 PM
It's kind of like when you break up with your gf and she tells everyone you aren't we'll endowed. Just spite.