Article - 4 hours old "What Games Are: Where Did The Wii-U Go Wrong

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/17/2013 7:25:32 PM
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/17/what-games-are-where-did-wii-u-go-wrong/

"But it seems the fans have already decided that for themselves, and Nintendoís attempt to reignite the old flame is falling on deaf ears. Not only are sales of the platform very weak, it just has no buzz. Aside from the usual anticipation of a new Zelda, all the column inches about Wii U these days are about how poorly itís selling, how shoddy some of the technology in it is"

So my question in regards to the article and what I posted, what does Nintendo need to do in order to savage the Wii U? I personally say they need to step up the game release and provide more information along with in game footage, maybe some release dates.
---
KidInTheHall posted "Hell I even overclocked my refrigerator, now it's a freezer."
#2IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/17/2013 7:27:35 PM
They will, of that much I am sure. I get the feeling we'll have a more solid release schedule soon enough for some upcoming games I know we'll all want to get our hands on.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3spacejamjordanzPosted 3/17/2013 7:29:28 PM
They can start with advertising. You would be surprised how many people actually don't know Nintendo has a new console out. Some even think that the U is just an add-on for the Wii.

Think about it. When Microsoft has a new product out, they really know how to shove it down your throat.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#4AstralFrostPosted 3/17/2013 7:30:59 PM(edited)
Yes the Wii U is disappointing and yes there are no games for it and yes no one knows it even exists.
#5Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:47:09 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
They can start with advertising. You would be surprised how many people actually don't know Nintendo has a new console out. Some even think that the U is just an add-on for the Wii.

Think about it. When Microsoft has a new product out, they really know how to shove it down your throat.

Yes, their Microsoft Surface commercials are quite nice
---
KidInTheHall posted "Hell I even overclocked my refrigerator, now it's a freezer."
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 3/17/2013 7:52:17 PM
When the Wii came out, there was all sorts of hype and buzz surrounding it. And It had a very new and exciting gimmick that propelled it. With the Wii U, its like Nintendo isn't even trying.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7Wiiplayer111Posted 3/17/2013 7:56:52 PM
3D Mario/Zelda/Mario Kart/SSB/etc gets shown/released.

People go buy Wii Us.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#8nonexistingheroPosted 3/17/2013 10:26:40 PM
Meh, that article is just another doom & gloom article. The author even suggesting a technical revision only proves he doesn't know s***.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9Beatperson14Posted 3/17/2013 10:50:31 PM
B-BUT EVERY SYSTEM HAS FAILED HORRIBLY

-ndf
#10DBPanterAPosted 3/18/2013 1:47:13 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/17/what-games-are-where-did-wii-u-go-wrong/

"But it seems the fans have already decided that for themselves, and Nintendoís attempt to reignite the old flame is falling on deaf ears. Not only are sales of the platform very weak, it just has no buzz. Aside from the usual anticipation of a new Zelda, all the column inches about Wii U these days are about how poorly itís selling, how shoddy some of the technology in it is"

So my question in regards to the article and what I posted, what does Nintendo need to do in order to savage the Wii U? I personally say they need to step up the game release and provide more information along with in game footage, maybe some release dates.

It doesn't need saving. If you expect the PS4 and NextBox to have any different scenarios, you are fooling yourself. The end of 2013 is shaping up to be the biggest software release time in history. Considering that virtually all 3rd party games will be available on current and next gen consoles, it gives consumers no incentive to upgrade. The people with the disposable income to purchase these new consoles would rather play the games on the current systems and buy 5 games for $300 rather than buy a new console and 1-2 games for $600.

In case people forgot, Nintendo is making it's presence felt in social media with facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. They are using these platforms to direct people to their Nintendo Direct videos, which essentially are paid infomercials on their product. They realize television viewership is falling, and their demographic is everywhere, so it is impossible to reach the mass audience without spending literally hundreds of millions of dollars in the traditional way.

I will say as a Wii U owner I am ticked that there is few games to play. I bought and 100% 6 launch games. The next buy is Pikmin 3. Nothing in March is my deal. I have bought a lot off the eShop, but I can only justify impulse purchases on eShop games, not $60 at retail. I also play all genres of games.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036