What's the opinion on Waluigi here?

#1ExodecaiPosted 3/18/2013 5:17:16 AM
I'm just wondering what people think of Waluigi

Personally, while he's probably not that deserving of his own game (of course I'd be all for it given I love the character) I feel he should definitely get a role out side of the spinoff/party games. A Wario/Waluigi game would be a good idea or even some sort of villain role (show us why he hates Luigi so much).
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#2GencoilPosted 3/18/2013 5:26:23 AM
Pretty useless character. We already have Wario, what's the point of having a skinnier version of him? His name doesn't even make sense. With Wario, you've got an "M" that's upside-down, hinting that he's the opposite or negative side of Mario. But adding "Wa" to "Luigi"? That only makes sense in Japanese.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#3Exodecai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:47:35 AM
I wouldn't say he's just a "skinnier Wario" he's much more of a doofus character. He's the kind of character that I picture going to rob a bank but actually ends up saving the bank from someone who is in the process of robbing it and ends up being the hero out of it without realizing it. He also has a ton of "self-pity" a trait Wario doesn't show at all. He gets irritated and angry at his opponent just making a tiny bit of progress against him... He's a big time sore loser.

On top of all that he's shown his own abilities, stomping people into the ground, spinning into a tornado, swimming through the air. He's a completely random character but that adds to his charm for me... and his arrogance is proven with the "crotch chop" taunt he does.

I just wish Waluigi got a chance in the spotlight for just one game be it, to show he's not just a "useless character" which he's commonly thrown into due to the fact he's in spinoff/party games only. In the games he does appear in, he's a lot of fun to use in my eyes.
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#4Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/18/2013 5:52:46 AM
2013 is year of Luigi, you say?
Then 2014 is year of Waluigi.
#5Gamemaster64Posted 3/18/2013 6:05:35 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
2013 is year of Luigi, you say?
Then 2014 is year of Waluigi.

No 3102 is the year of the Waluigi
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#6DTY3Posted 3/18/2013 6:38:03 AM
If you dont like Waluigi, you havent played the Mario Strikers games.
Waluigi Peach and Daisy steal the show in that game.

I epsecially like Waluigi's "suck my d***" goal animation.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#7ZappmasterPosted 3/18/2013 7:20:25 AM
Just have him playable in a Wario Land game or something.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased
#8kuragari1anonlyPosted 3/18/2013 7:32:17 AM
Waluigi's awesome.

He does nothing but work out and eat, then Wario calls him up and is all, "Waluigi, I need a tennis partner, wah."

"It's Waluigi time, hehehee!"

Whenever Mario parties, Waluigi brings the booze.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#9cucumberkingPosted 3/18/2013 9:43:05 AM
I could not care less about him. I would prefer he just disappear.
#10the_cajun88Posted 3/18/2013 9:53:04 AM(edited)
With Wario, you've got an "M" that's upside-down, hinting that he's the opposite or negative side of Mario. But adding "Wa" to "Luigi"? That only makes sense in Japanese.

Well,

1. He's a Japanese character
2. There are no upside down L's in the English Language. I think there's one in Russian, though.

What do you want him to be called, Muigi or Evil Luigi?
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg