When or Will the Wiiu pick up?

#1jackorhoadsPosted 3/18/2013 5:42:02 AM
Since I keep seeing all the normal "nintendoomed" topics I thought I'd ask an open question. Do you think the Wiiu will gain momentum? if so when?

I personally see it picking up around summer time, with serious momentum into the holiday period. People hating on hardware limitations etc are one thing but I think the real problem is the lack of titles so far and nintendo doing a poor job at marketing the console - seems obvious to me but hey.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#2stridermeisPosted 3/18/2013 5:57:00 AM
I'm interested in seeing if the Wii U will gain the same attention the Wii did when the new Wii U Fit game comes out.

But I think it'll pick up by the holiday season they can get the 3D Mario game out by then. I just hope it's as great as Mario Galaxy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3sonicsonicPosted 3/18/2013 6:02:30 AM
Q3 and onwards through too the holidays I think.

After E3 announcements and a price drop, I'm sure many people will pick one up.
#4shootsmackPosted 3/18/2013 6:02:33 AM
Walk over to your Wii U and lift it up.

Problem solved!
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#5Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/18/2013 6:20:24 AM
I see it picking up around the time that it starts getting actual games.
Problem with new consoles is always "The Drought".

The 360's "drought" was 6 months. (Gears of War, Bioshock)
The PS3's "drought" was 18 months. (Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Bioshock, Valkyria Chronicles)
The Vita's "drought" was 12 months. (Persona 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, P.S.A.S.B.R., Guilty Gear XX)
The 3DS's "drought" was 7 months. (Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon Rumble)

The Wii U's "drought" will end when it starts rolling out 'dem games: (Pikmin, Zelda, Metroid)... the usual bunch.

I would have thought we would have some to expect this by now, IT HAPPENS EVERY LAUNCH!
#6crowe_1Posted 3/18/2013 7:01:53 AM
I think sales will pick up at Christmas and then maintain respectable numbers going forward. That's provided Ninty actually releases some heavy hitters in the fall, though, which is not guaranteed, but here's hoping.

It's all these delays that are killing them currently, and lack of advertising because there's nothing to advertise. If Wii U had received all of the titles by now that were supposed to make the launch window it would be doing fine. Rayman, Pikmin, and W101 would have gone a long way IMO. If sites like Gamespot hadn't raked Zombi U through the coals, that game likely would have sold more systems as well.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#7Chocobo115Posted 3/18/2013 7:16:51 AM
Whenever 3D Mario, Zelda U, Mario Kart U and/or Smash Bros U is released.
Until then better get used to declining sales.
#8Tsutarja495Posted 3/18/2013 7:19:40 AM
If 3D Mario and Mario Kart will be playable at E3, they might be out this year. When they get here, particularly Mario Kart, it should pick up.