Now Dead Island: Riptide ain't coming to the Wii U & probably nothing...

#31bond465Posted 3/18/2013 9:14:24 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I love how people always say dumb crap like "teh gaem sold not good cause of the attachment rate!"

That is utter ****. Regardless of how many consoles were sold, good software sales are good software sales. If you really want to push that argument then the only game that got CLOSE to good sales is Wii Sports at 70 Million which still lags behind the almost 100 Million Wiis sold.

The best selling game on the PS3 is Gran Turismo at 9 million. I guess it's sales were piss poor too because there are over 70 million PS3s out there. Even the Xbox's best selling game, Kinect Sports, at 24 million is piss poor because there are over 70 million 360s out there.

Doesn't make any sense now, does it? Stop making that ridiculous argument.

You were forced to buy wii sports if you wanted a wii though. So the sales are super skewed.
#32The_HyphenatorPosted 3/18/2013 9:18:22 AM
meiyuki posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...

Oh, I know. It's just fun to call him on his nonsense and watch him slink away in defeat to troll somebody else.

And all you accomplish is encouraging him to continue to troll here.

He was here trolling long before I arrived and he'll continue to do it until the release of the next Nintendo system. If somebody's that dedicated to wasting their time trolling the boards for a console they don't like, do you really think that one person responding or not responding is going to make a difference?
#33meiyukiPosted 3/18/2013 9:20:42 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...
meiyuki posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...

Oh, I know. It's just fun to call him on his nonsense and watch him slink away in defeat to troll somebody else.

And all you accomplish is encouraging him to continue to troll here.

He was here trolling long before I arrived and he'll continue to do it until the release of the next Nintendo system. If somebody's that dedicated to wasting their time trolling the boards for a console they don't like, do you really think that one person responding or not responding is going to make a difference?

And if everyone added him to ignore list and/or reported him every time he does he'd get bored and go away. The whole reason a troll posts on a message board is to get a response from people and start a war, and everyone like you constantly gives them absolutely everything they want and then sits around wondering why they keep posting.
#34P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/18/2013 9:21:16 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
I love how people always say dumb crap like "teh gaem sold not good cause of the attachment rate!"

That is utter ****. Regardless of how many consoles were sold, good software sales are good software sales. If you really want to push that argument then the only game that got CLOSE to good sales is Wii Sports at 70 Million which still lags behind the almost 100 Million Wiis sold.

The best selling game on the PS3 is Gran Turismo at 9 million. I guess it's sales were piss poor too because there are over 70 million PS3s out there. Even the Xbox's best selling game, Kinect Sports, at 24 million is piss poor because there are over 70 million 360s out there.

Doesn't make any sense now, does it? Stop making that ridiculous argument.

It's a good scale when there are massive differences in the userbases. Like with PS2 and GC, would it really be fair to compare software sales between them without using a ratio? You responded to my topic about M rated games selling poorly on Nintendo systems by saying RE4. I looked at the sales, it sold twice as much on PS2. But since there were like 10 times as many PS2 owners, you could say it sold better to the GC audience, since a higher percentage of them bought it. If you use just sales and not attach rates, then you were wrong about RE4 selling as good with Nintendo as with Sony.

Alright, if you don't like attach rates, then what would you consider good sales? The games that brought them up were Conker's Bad Fur Day, Madworld, and No More Heroes. Do you think they sold well?

Like I said, good sales are good sales. The main thing is that developers make back what they used in creating the game, but a number that seems to be generally good is a million. However, good sales are mainly determined by the developers themselves. If they think it sold well enough then it did.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#35Rasputin77Posted 3/18/2013 9:24:09 AM
Protip: The internet isn't nearly as serious as many of you take it.
---
Finding what button to press on most boards: http://alturl.com/73wtb
Finding what button to press on the Wii U board: http://alturl.com/nscvx
#36Tsutarja495Posted 3/18/2013 9:27:29 AM
Like I said, good sales are good sales. The main thing is that developers make back what they used in creating the game, but a number that seems to be generally good is a million. However, good sales are mainly determined by the developers themselves. If they think it sold well enough then it did.

A million is the target? Alright, then none of the games that got brought up in the topic hit it. Madworld (.7 million), No More Heroes (.52 million), Conker's Bad Fur Day (.77 million)
#37Sailor GoonPosted 3/18/2013 9:59:08 AM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
So basically, they don't want to take the time and money (that they almost assuradely wont make back because a rated M game on a nintendo home console is almost certain to flop) necessary to re-work the engine from all the optimizations they've had to make to get it running well on the PS3 and 360's severely outdated tech.

fixed

*Looks at Conker's Bad Fur Day, NMH and Madworld* Totally true...

all three of those sold poorly, so he was in fact right
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#38darknight06Posted 3/18/2013 10:42:01 AM
Even if the system was stronger than Jesus, they'd still find a reason to not support it. Initial userbase size did not stop developers from jumping on the Vita bandwagon, or the PSP one when it first came out either.

I really wish these guys would just come out and say that they can't compete with Nintendo's first party and just be done with it. Stop dancing around the damn issue, creating BS excuses, and just man up. At least they'd be intellectually honest then.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#39fueled-systemPosted 3/18/2013 10:42:57 AM
Makes sense even though some don't want to admit it, multiplat games don't really sell great on Nintendo Consoles
#40Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/18/2013 10:44:11 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
If you can't refute my statement I guess you can always resort to personal insults

That would carry a whole lot more water if you hadn't dodged my perfectly valid point about the developer not wanting to spend the time and resources to overhaul their highly optimized engine, which was built specifically to get modern-day performance out of 8-year-old hardware. And you completely ignored my equally valid point about the PS4 and 720 likely getting the same treatment early on in their lives.

Developers have gotten very efficient at developing for the PS3 and 360. They're not going to throw all that hard work out the window the minute a new console comes out.

I didnt ignore anything you posted, I added to it. From: darkqueenhelba | #016
Don't waste your time trying to use logic and reason with this fool. He's been trolling Gamefaqs for years now. Literally, years.

More name calling? Yay!

Did NiceKirbyfan just say Conker was First party?

Wow....just wow. Yeah thats why they released a (tame) version on Xbox.

Because it's a first party Nintendo game.

Yes Wow. just wow. I made a world ending mistake. Just wow.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif